Chevy Bowtie vinyl cut out-- where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get pre-cut vinyl wraps for the front/rear bow ties? I want to get a black one for the front to see if I like it color matched before I pull the trigger on getting the stock one painted.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Your best bet is to find a sign shop and grab a couple small scrap pieces of black vinyl (even if you have to buy a bit...it's super cheap). It's not very difficult at all to install...I've done a ton of both bowties and GMC logos. Stick the vinyl on working from one side to the other to elminate bubbles, use a heatgun to carefully work the edges of the vinyl so it conforms to the sides of the bowtie, trim with a sharp razor/knife...and your done.

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
I have been looking for something like this but no luck, i really don't like my sold black bowtie in the back.

And would like to put the stock one back on to keep the chrome trim.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for something like this but no luck, i really don't like my sold black bowtie in the back.

And would like to put the stock one back on to keep the chrome trim.

That's exactly how I feel. I want to keep the chrome trim and have them both blacked out.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to find a sign shop and grab a couple small scrap pieces of black vinyl (even if you have to buy a bit...it's super cheap). It's not very difficult at all to install...I've done a ton of both bowties and GMC logos. Stick the vinyl on working from one side to the other to elminate bubbles, use a heatgun to carefully work the edges of the vinyl so it conforms to the sides of the bowtie, trim with a sharp razor/knife...and your done.

That's a good idea. Thanks! If I don't find pre-cut ones I might have to try this.

ajb1205

Reaction score
That's the nice thing about vinyl...it keeps the chrome trim around the edge of the bowtie. That is the one reason I really don't care for them being painted. I have a whole role of black vinyl (I own my own tinting business and do some decals from time to time) in my shop. If you can't find anything let me know and I will throw some in the mail to you.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just remove badge from chrome ring before painting, then 2 side tape it back?

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the nice thing about vinyl...it keeps the chrome trim around the edge of the bowtie. That is the one reason I really don't care for them being painted. I have a whole role of black vinyl (I own my own tinting business and do some decals from time to time) in my shop. If you can't find anything let me know and I will throw some in the mail to you.

Well on my Tahoe I just got them professionally painted to match and had the guy leave the chrome trim around the bowtie. The reason I want to go The vinyl route is because it's removable. I can go back to factory if I change my mind. It's perfect to see what it would look like if I actually painted it black...

Ok cool thanks! How much is a sheet? Enough for me to cut a few cowries out of?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just remove badge from chrome ring before painting, then 2 side tape it back?

....or just mask the "chrome" off, paint it, remove tape and shazaam!!! black bowtie with chrome :shrug:

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

The whole purpose was to not paint so I could see how it looks first and to see if I'd permanently like it or not.

...and this makes perfect sense :) I think it'll look great and very much look forward to you doing this :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman