Chevy Bowtie vinyl cut out-- where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I went to a local tint shop in my area that has done the tint on all my family's cars over the years and he chargered me 10 bucks a peice. I got white to match and it looks so good when the bowties are coloroed. I watched him do it and it took him all of about 20 minutes. He just laid a peice of vinyl on the bowtie and then cut it out. I think it turned out nice.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Front BFG.jpg
    Front BFG.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 58

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh....it looks ok......

if you like badassery!!!! :rocking:

:lol:

ajb1205

Reaction score
I can snap a couple pics of the vinyl covered bowties on my black Tahoe if you like. As far as cost of the vinyl...it literally costs cents (as in less than a dollar) in material costs to cover both bowties.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a local tint shop in my area that has done the tint on all my family's cars over the years and he chargered me 10 bucks a peice. I got white to match and it looks so good when the bowties are coloroed. I watched him do it and it took him all of about 20 minutes. He just laid a peice of vinyl on the bowtie and then cut it out. I think it turned out nice.

I just called my local custom auto store nearby and it's 25 per emblem for either paint OR vinyl... hmmm decisions decisions...

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

....or just mask the "chrome" off, paint it, remove tape and shazaam!!! black bowtie with chrome :shrug:

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

...and this makes perfect sense :) I think it'll look great and very much look forward to you doing this :D

Well I thought about doing this myself but just made an appt for tomorrow after lunch to just go and get it done... don't really feel like botching this up and really hate the gold bowties on my black car... need to change it ASAP

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I can snap a couple pics of the vinyl covered bowties on my black Tahoe if you like. As far as cost of the vinyl...it literally costs cents (as in less than a dollar) in material costs to cover both bowties.

Could you do that? That would be great man.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I thought about doing this myself but just made an appt for tomorrow after lunch to just go and get it done... don't really feel like botching this up and really hate the gold bowties on my black car... need to change it ASAP

For $25 I can't argue with that :D

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
25 per bowtie. So 50 :(

still not too bad. You're basically just paying for labor on that one. :Handshake: As cheap as vinyl is, though, it might be worthwhile to give it a shot on your own. If you screw it up then just take it off and have your guy do it :shrug: Not sure if you want to call back and cancel your appointment for that, though.

Reaction score
What do you mean by paint? At 25 dollars a peice I would get them painted cause then you wont ever have to worry about it again. The vinyl does come off. I had to replace mine once cause it got hit with a pressure washer really close. At I would get them painted at 50 dollars.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by paint? At 25 dollars a peice I would get them painted cause then you wont ever have to worry about it again. The vinyl does come off. I had to replace mine once cause it got hit with a pressure washer really close. At I would get them painted at 50 dollars.

Yea he said the back one is good if it gets painted but the front one can chip from bugs and what not... Not sure what I want to do... paint or vinyl... that is the question...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n