Can you help w/Hole in top of Gas Tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I ran a screw into the top of the gas tank, which is now causing the check engine light to come on (as a result of lost vaccum pressure).

Does anybody know any tricks to fixing this, before I drop the tank? Is there any way to access the top of the tank from in the truck, or am I going to have to dismantle and drop the tank?

Thanks in advance for all help!

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Blue. I know how to fix it. I'm looking for some tips on how to access it! Your help is always appreciated though! Thank you Sir.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
i had to drop my tank and used epoxy sealer quite frankly didn't sealed the hole (the hole was to big) i had to buy another Gas thank.. Good Luck

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I said screw it and went ahead and dropped the tank. I had 4 screw holes in it. I can't believe I did that! I specifically mounted my compressor and tank on the passenger side for this reason, but when I decided to relocate them, I rushed it........and you know what happens when you rush things like that!

Looks like I finished just in time too! As soon as I locked everything up, it started pouring rain! Thanks againn for the input guys! Always appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot

Latest posts