Ran out of gas! 2008 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2008LTZ. When the fuel light is on and you park with the front down hill, you are screwed until it is level again. Trust me I know. I had to get a golf club assistant to pull me back to level one day after 18. The low fuel light came on and I didn’t want to miss my tee time!!!!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, at least you were driving a V8 Tahoe pulling a trailer. Imagine how embarrassing running out of gas would be if you were driving a Prius.

to be fair, as long as he wasn't miles from a gas station, he could have probably stayed under 20mph and made it in the battery lol

plus it will do almost 100 miles after the light comes on. I've had a ton of fun in the Colorado mountain unpaved roads in a rental prius c. Great little cars and Toyota indestructible, I have a hard time hating on them.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI I used to play the how far can I go on a tank of gas game. The tech who replaced my failed fuel pump said "I don't suggest running the tank low, pumps overheat. They count on the fuel to keep them cool".
Xactly. ;)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For decades, I've made it a priority to fill my gas tank anytime it gets in the neighborhood of 1/4 full. I'm happy to state that in 55 years of driving, I've never run out of gas. (Probably just jinxed myself now.)

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Once the f/p & level sender are replaced it’s an accurate set up. I went from 1/4 tank = on empty, reserves only, to bells & whistles going off on empty means if I back into my driveway that’s on a slight incline, the truck may not start unless I roll it to street level after a new unit was installed.

A little off topic here but thought it interesting how many contractors that have e85 capable full size SUV & trucks, any manufacturer, are filling up on corn gas here in SoCal. The 1 Ton pick up with a 5th wheel towing a car carrier with 4 cars pulling into the e85 bay was a head scratcher at first. The guy said he fills up with e85 because the 6.0 loves it over the mountain pass with a load. He said the $1h fill up ain’t bad either.

The kicker yesterday was the gardener pulling all his equipment with a gorgeous black 2010’sh Esky topping off with e85. I gave him the nod of mutual respect for being so frick’n clever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo