can anyone with a 4x4 tahoe do me a solid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull your transfercase switch and confirm that with the ball out(switch sitting in your hand) you have continuity between pin 1 and 2.....got a replacement switch for my new switch that was broken and it seems like the new switch is DOA as well.....the odds of me getting 2 brand new dead switches are in the millions....just want to confirm its bad before i goto autozone and lose my mind

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you use the 3wire switch wires light blue and dark blue are tied together in the switch regardless of ball positions they are the outputs to axle actuator an pcm that the case has moved into either 4wd position. when not depress the brown wire terminal shold not have continuity with either of the others. it carries the system voltage into the switch. when depressed it connects to the others. at no time should any terminal have continuity to the switch body.

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wrote that dumb...

with the ball out i have no continunity between pin one(purple 12v) and any of the other pins with the bal pushed in i have contunity between pin one and pin 3 (2wd)

if i jump the connector between pin one and pin two i get 4wd so im assuming with the ball out i should have coninunity between pin one and 2 on the switch

excuse the speling errors im posting from my kindle

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Purple 12v? kindle? can you get me the colors of all the wires and is it possible to get a pic of connector end with wire color location mentioned please?

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ill shoot some pics tomorrow sun!

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

hey sun looking at alldatas wiring diagram i guess that wire is brown not purple (po sprayed the car at some point and there is overspray on everything)

so on that diagram with the ball out if i put my multimeter on pin A i have no continuity with B or C however if i depress the ball A has continuity with pin C

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP,

So what was the result with your tc switch?:hmmm2:

sorry i never updated this i updated my other 4x4 thread...ok basicly the switch was fine good switch is no cotinunity with the ball extended and contiunity between pin 1 and pin 3 with the ball pushed in......my problem was when the po lifted my truck he never adjusted my transfer case shifter linkage so it was not contacting the switch......got that all adjusted up and now my 4wd is working......this problem made me nuts i am so happy to not be looking at 4wd diagrams you have no idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk