Aftermarket radio/amp issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badatfixingcars

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!
I’m trying to upgrade factory hu on my 2009 Yukon Denali XL I’m installing a Kenwood DMX1057Xr I’m using a pac lcgm29

My unit has power but I’m getting nothing from my speakers. Swap to the original and they play fine. Tried to run blue/white to blue/white and to solid blue and it makes no difference. Ran a jumper wire from the red 12v ignition wires and I still get nothing. I’m at this point aware it’s the amp remote wire that isn’t communicating but I cannot figure out why.
Any advice would be huge! I have the entire truck torn to pieces right now and my wife is about to make me sleep in it!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I’m trying to upgrade factory hu on my 2009 Yukon Denali XL I’m installing a Kenwood DMX1057Xr I’m using a pac lcgm29

My unit has power but I’m getting nothing from my speakers. Swap to the original and they play fine. Tried to run blue/white to blue/white and to solid blue and it makes no difference. Ran a jumper wire from the red 12v ignition wires and I still get nothing. I’m at this point aware it’s the amp remote wire that isn’t communicating but I cannot figure out why.
Any advice would be huge! I have the entire truck torn to pieces right now and my wife is about to make me sleep in it!
  • Compatible with factory non-amplified and standard Bose audio systems (not compatible with Premium Bose)
most denali have prem bose, which means digital amp turn on signal

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give Crutchfield a call and see if their Techs can help you with a proper interface unit.

OP
OP
B

Badatfixingcars

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
  • Compatible with factory non-amplified and standard Bose audio systems (not compatible with Premium Bose)
most denali have prem bose, which means digital amp turn on signal
Thank you! I had someone tell me I needed a different interface thing, so I’m off to buy one today and will update this when I get it working.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I like Kenwood. Just verify that it has Apple CarPlay. It's hard to give away a vehicle that doesn't have Apple CarPlay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON