5.3 vortec out of 2wd tahoe to put into a 4X4 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the replies I had manage to find a motor at a junkyard that came from a 4x4. The oil pan on the old motor was cracked and he shot a rod through the block when he blew it but he got the new motor installed and running. The trouble he is facing is a cloud of white smoke he sees blue but I see white and he says the truck is just not running how it should which he’s right. Any thoughts on what it might be I know he used his old intake but he never switched out the intake manifold gasket.
Probably sucking coolant and air into the cylinders from the leaking intake gaskets. Who does that?

OP
OP
Jeffs5-3

Jeffs5-3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably sucking coolant and air into the cylinders from the leaking intake gaskets. Who does that?
Apparently my dad but idk if it had been me I would’ve done it as long as my truck would be running fine and not blowing a storm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo