Buttons on my Escalade radio are wearing off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
The phone button and the nav button on my radio are wearing off and I guess wearing is that covered under warranty? Can they replace the buttons or does the whole head unit need to be replaced?
Thanks

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The warranty does cover it. Took mine in just before the warranty expired. Although it doesnt last much its peeling off again.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali132,

I am sorry to hear that your buttons are wearing. Did you confirm with your dealership if they would replace the button or the whole unit?

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

SBCT

Reaction score
My buttons are doing the same thing. Cheap GM quality just like the peeling door handles and cracked dashes, etc..

I shoulda bought a Ford!

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership replaced my nav unit and ac unit through warranty since it was rubbing off

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SBCT,

I am sorry that you are also experiencing this issue. Have you spoken with your dealership about replacing the buttons?

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to be common with GM vehicles. I had on 05 CTS V and it did the same thing within 12k along with a bunch of other problems. They said it was not covered by warranty since it had more than 12k. Needless to say I'll buy other brands of cars before I buy another Caddy.

SBCT

Reaction score
Elizabeth,
They told me the same thing. Said warranty was expired and that I could pay the $1,000's for a whole new unit just to get the paint fixed on the tiny little buttons...

I explained that I thought it was ridiculous that the car was wearing out all over the place at only 40,000 miles. What should I expect out of a $45,000 automobile??MUCH MORE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts