Building my LQ4 engine in my Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bitchin build
looks great

what stall Circle D did you go with?
local drivability still good?

OP
OP
Ridculous

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2600 to 2900 I believe. They matched it to my custom cam grind and the fact that this is our family vacation truck we tow our 7000lbs travel trailer with we didn't want a high stall as this is not my drag racer or fun car but a daily driver with balls.

Around town the truck is stout. Shifts are crisp but not to pronounced unless you floor it. The best is part and half throttle driving it absolutely moves since the stall speed moved.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be driving that machine for sure. I love driving mine every day, just with what I've done to the engine and suspension it surprises a lot of guys who think their car is fast. So much fun.

OP
OP
Ridculous

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red Rocket agree. Nothing like getting the double take when you pull next to a newer generation Yukon, Tahoe or in my case in Oklahoma the land of mustangs and camero's

So much fun

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I want to give the Yukon Denali back to my wife it's so much fun to drive. I may need to get her another car...haha!!

That's what is keeping from going all out on our Yukon. It's the wife's daily. I'd love to throw some long tubes, cam, and tune... But I'll probably only end up with a tune.

OP
OP
Ridculous

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the idle tune figured out and works well with the A/C on or off. Hoping to get it dialed in on the dyno in the next 3 to 4 weeks now that I have the new tranny in...should be good.

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the idle tune figured out and works well with the A/C on or off. Hoping to get it dialed in on the dyno in the next 3 to 4 weeks now that I have the new tranny in...should be good.
Where did you go for the 4l80e swap? What was the overall cost? Did you get a stock 4l80e or have one the was specially built? I'm in NorthTexas and looking to get the 4l80 swap done soon.

OP
OP
Ridculous

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with a company in Yukon, OK for the entire deal. The guy is a one stop shop for this swap. He ordered my circle D converter base on my custom CAM specs and then went out and found a donor 4L80e - broke it open and built all the internals to meet my needs (new clutch packs, seals, updated valve body, blah, blah...) ordered all the necessary swap items like the cross member relocation, wiring harass, mounts, u joints etc. Then they built a custom driveshaft for the front and reused the back one and also had to relocate some of the stock exhaust to get the 4L80 to fit. After that they worked with my tuner to get the Yukon to work with my tune.

This was not cheap just like everything else in this build....you have to pay to play I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts