Building my LQ4 engine in my Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. Priced out a Magnacharger with the upgraded 2300 (Radix blower) shipped for $6400....

I'll update the post as I get more information!

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Also what type of headers should work on the 408 cubic inch
I know this was awhile ago... but who help you this the mangacharger purchase? I realize you didn't go that route. I'm stuck between turbo and roots supercharger and was interested in the 2300 supercharger.

OP
OP
Ridculous

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company I spoke with was Supercharger connection. If you are going to run a stock 6.0 engine I think the 2300 is overkill and the 1900 would be fine...but if you are planning on building it then go with the 2300. Good luck

OP
OP
Ridculous

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be swapping out all the factory green lights with blue in the next couple of weeks

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally started on the interior....custom stainless steel gauges and needles installed yesterday since a couple of my factory bulbs went out.

20161228_142547_zpscl9ay29n.jpg
What is that on top of your steering column?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are you liking the 4l80? did you notice a change in fuel mileage and how does it drive with that long 1st gear?

OP
OP
Ridculous

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good have 16k on the new engine and about 2k the tranny. The low and mid range on the beast is solid and I have only went WOT maybe 3x...it's fun for sure. The mileage really never changed still pretty crappy with the 408 I get around 10 to 11 in the city depending on throttle usage and about 14-16 on the highway once again depending on throttle...but then again I didn't build this with mpg in mind. When I pull my trailer I get around 8-10 on the highway going 65 to 70 mph in tow mode. I will tell you that I am looking at Forced Induction now as I (not my wife....) am used to the power. The good thing is everything is in place to either bolt on a supercharger or do a turbo kit....stay tuned!!

The 4L80 conversion what a pain in the ass like most of this custom build and took a bit longer to sort out but now it's bullet proof. Hope that answers the question

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu