Building my LQ4 engine in my Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good have 16k on the new engine and about 2k the tranny. The low and mid range on the beast is solid and I have only went WOT maybe 3x...it's fun for sure. The mileage really never changed still pretty crappy with the 408 I get around 10 to 11 in the city depending on throttle usage and about 14-16 on the highway once again depending on throttle...but then again I didn't build this with mpg in mind. When I pull my trailer I get around 8-10 on the highway going 65 to 70 mph in tow mode. I will tell you that I am looking at Forced Induction now as I (not my wife....) am used to the power. The good thing is everything is in place to either bolt on a supercharger or do a turbo kit....stay tuned!!

The 4L80 conversion what a pain in the ass like most of this custom build and took a bit longer to sort out but now it's bullet proof. Hope that answers the question
I'd love to see you twin turbo this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518