Brake Upgrade. Whats best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
There are two of us in the thread asking break questions.... the other guy is asking about the ABS. I joined in on the " brake upgrade" side looking at what where the bolt on upgrades for a stock Hoe to improve the stopping distance.

So crossed drilled rotors and semi-metalic pads. Got it.

If you say so.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got up to 60. Going down hill and abs kicked in like expected. Stopped pretty well actually. These obs tahoes are big pieces of metal on wheels. Forget how cumbersome they really are. I bet if I had new tires already it would have stopped much sooner.

Ch@d

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Well it does not seem apparent you having issues with the ABS just needs to get some better rubber. I am sure once you get some good tires and even some new brake parts in time you will be much happier. And you will probably handle the driveway better.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out that I'm "sweating" my driveway haha. Wait until it snows this year. I'll post a pic ;-)

Ch@d

tstarks1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So should I get big brake upgrade if I have 24's on my truck? I haven't purchased them yet but they are planned. Don't want to crash the truck.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are a good set up better than stock rotors? i could use some new ones mine pulse some when i stop and have grooves in em. i could turn em but id rather upgrade

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Get yourself a set of these and you will be stopped in no time at all. The might just fit under 24" rims.

brake_unit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo