Brake Upgrade. Whats best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a bit old but I just read this so I thought I'd chime in. You can disable the ABS and not have the light on the dash =)
Under the hood just disconnect the ABS module, spray the connectors with dielectic grease and enjoy no ABS and no dash light. Had it on the 98 sierra for years like that and did the same on my 97 hoe.
SS brake lines, here I come!

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I know if I have ABS? I had it on my old explorer(POS) and I know what it feels like when it kicks in. But do all 98's have it? Because my truck has 1 month old pads and rotors and sometimes I feel like I'm still working to stop it.

Ch@d

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You have abs trust me it has been around for a bit. You have what is known as 4WAL meaning 4 Wheel Anti-lock.

This is it here with the blue plastic connector retention clips on it.
nM0NKarS1TAlgRLgccVStzRO1-IANXh6SZWnMj2DMg5T1ItVIQ.jpg

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So disconnect which wires and hit em with what? And can this ever be undone? I am not concerned with it being undone as I intend to drive this truck until the wheels fall off. But just for kicks what's the procedure?

Ch@d

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz