• Black out all chrome and go uav

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Leave as is

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Black out chrome outline rims and bowties in red

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I have a 2008 z71 tahoe. And if you don't know the z71 has a limited production and 2008 was the last year a z71 was offered with a 6.4 vortec. I was given mine and I'm a city boy so insted of lifting it and going big tires I'm blacking it out and droping it turning it into posibly the most over powered street suv possible. So far it has blacked tail lights. Black and chrome bowties black grill black colormatched door handels and mirrors. Has bushed running boards painted black. 2 12in jl audio w7. Magnaflow exhaust. 6k hids lows fogs and daytime running hids. Boss 330s 24x9.5 coustom painted are on there way il post some pics later but rims wount be in till next week. Once im finished with it im sure il have one of the only blacked out z71s out there . And for all of u that are gona say your wasteing a z71 and 4x4 well i say suck my $/@! Im probly gona sell it in 2 years for a zo6 anyway amd it was givin to me paid off so im not bitchin

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z71 isn't a limited production... If they're a limited production, then so are LTZ's. There is no such thing as a Vortec 6.4L. The biggest it goes is a 6.2.

Learn what you're talking about and get past your ignorance. There is more than just one blacked out Z71. If you want to make it an overpowered street SUV, then you are already competing with all the Denali's and Escalades on the road. They'll probably win since they don't have 24's.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
You're tripping bro. There is NOTHING unique about a blacked out z71. Dont get me wrong, blacked out Tahoe's look sweet but if you look around this forum you will see quite a few of them. Also, if you want to make it the most powerful street SUV, you better start saving because there are a bunch of super charged Tahoes, Yukons, and Eskys out there that will blow your doors off.

And there is no such thing as a 6.4 liter Vortech. Its a 5.3.

Last edited:

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A BLACKED OUT TAHOE!?!?!? ON 24s!?!?!??!?! DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think there are approximately eleventeen other members on the board with blacked out Tahoes.....one of them is even a NNBS Z71....and I think he has 26s, BOIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it sounds like daddy will probably just give you another new car in a couple years so go for it! :insane:

alxs210

Reaction score
Alright I have a 2008 z71 tahoe. And if you don't know the z71 has a limited production and 2008 was the last year a z71 was offered with a 6.4 vortec. I was given mine and I'm a city boy so insted of lifting it and going big tires I'm blacking it out and droping it turning it into posibly the most over powered street suv possible. So far it has blacked tail lights. Black and chrome bowties black grill black colormatched door handels and mirrors. Has bushed running boards painted black. 2 12in jl audio w7. Magnaflow exhaust. 6k hids lows fogs and daytime running hids. Boss 330s 24x9.5 coustom painted are on there way il post some pics later but rims wount be in till next week. Once im finished with it im sure il have one of the only blacked out z71s out there . And for all of u that are gona say your wasteing a z71 and 4x4 well i say suck my $/@! Im probly gona sell it in 2 years for a zo6 anyway amd it was givin to me paid off so im not bitchin

Fist to the mouth. haha

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah dude you just asked to get smashed on!!:hands:
Sounds more like your bragging, not just mentioning your "Tahoe Enthusiast" plans.
Like said above, a blacked out Tahoe is pretty common, even if its a Z71. Nobody is gonna see yours blacked out and say "Jesus Christ, look at that UAV Z71!"
It will probably be more along the lines of "Jesus Christ, look at that UAV Tahoe" at best.
Most people do not even know the difference unless they have one, or someone they know does.
Regardless it sounds like your Tahoe is pretty clean, and I see nothing wrong with dropping a Z71, after all its your car, I owuld probably do the same.

All this beingssaid, I say get a 3/5 drop, message me and I can help you decide whats right to get from one of the suspension sellers on here, I know from experience.:Handshake:

OP
OP
Black71

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Alright first off I ment 6.2 and yes there was a 6.2 offered in the z71 in 08 maybe I can post a pic of the engine specs later and I have seen one other new blacked out z71 ever. And the z71 has all the beffyer fender flares and running boards and front bumper. And I'm looking into a drop kit u can help once I post pics and yea the 6.2 vortec z71 was limited in 2008 the 5.4 was not look it up

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Just FYI, if you use better punctuation people will be able to understand what you are trying to saying. Who mentioned anything about a 5.4L. Those are Ford engines. Look in the picture galleries and you will find all sorts of blacked out Tahoe's and Tahoe Z71's. I think the reason why people jumped on you is that you come on here talking like an expert with some super rare truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bud2952