Blacked out grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did my rear Bowtie twice in 2 days. The first try had a small fruit fly type fly land in it.

No one else saw it except me........ but I saw it, so off it came.

2n6i3ap.jpg

Brock

Reaction score
Black it out & ALL the shiney stuff! Rattle canned mine.

yooks11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job goodinblack! I would be particular about something like that too.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to PD something tomorrow! Might have to make good use of my lunch break...

OP
OP
chevyboy23

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
That's looks real sweet. I see a project next time I'm off. How do you pop off the rear bowtie?

yooks11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's looks real sweet. I see a project next time I'm off. How do you pop off the rear bowtie?

For plastidipping, there's no need to take it off. Simply mask around it with painters tape and newspaper (not always necessary). Then spray right onto the emblem. Shouldn't take long to do this mod.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Macho, did you clear your headlights?

Nope just stock. They still have the amber side markers. I didn't get a before photo so I copied one from online to show the difference. Now that you point it out the turn signals on the truck in the "before" photo DO look more yellow than my stock. Must be a difference in the photo or the year maybe?

Here's one where you can see the side marker
y9a5aryj.jpg

For plastidipping, there's no need to take it off. Simply mask around it with painters tape and newspaper (not always necessary). Then spray right onto the emblem. Shouldn't take long to do this mod.

^^^What yooks said.

Here's my thread:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44092

You can see what the masking and peeling looks like