Interesting wheel observation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I happened to be scrolling through YouTube and see a review on a 2006 Yukon Denali . I think it’s a dude at a small time used car lot. 2006 silver birch metallic Denali which caught me I eye cuz mines that color. before I even clicked on the video I noticed it had CK805 wheels but they didn’t look right. Started watching and they appeared to no have the chrome cladding. I always wondered how they would look decladded and now I know. I’ve always liked these wheels. Always thought they were just the right designed wheel for this truck. Have always thought about grabbing a set if I ran into them for cheap. But while I love the over all look of big chrome wheels, the upkeep is a lot and I’m meticulous and like always having clean wheels. And chrome takes time that I don’t always have.

For some reason I’ve always had a soft spot for wheels finished in a dark titanium or gun metal grey colored finish, maybe because of the 2015 Denali clover leaf wheels I ran in the grey finish.

Now I got to thinking….. pick up a set of CK805s, de clad the chrome from them and then powder coat them…. Like anthracite to give it that deep metallic grey finish….. that might be kinda bitchin lol. I love my 2021 take offs but that might be an interesting look to try out….

Attachments

• IMG_8302.jpeg
    IMG_8302.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8304.jpeg
    IMG_8304.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m with you on that one. I too love chrome with Big Mama’s stealth grey metallic but boy are they a bear to keep up with.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m with you on that one. I too love chrome with Big Mama’s stealth grey metallic but boy are they a bear to keep up with.
When I had the 2007 Denali 8 spoke chrome 20s, I loved the looks and how it all fit together but holy cow they took a lot of work to keep clean haha.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have chrome U2 55’s with 6 spokes. My biggest mistake was not getting wheels for the winters here. When I get new wheels these will be for winter. Have you ever used any type of paint or coating on the back where there’s no chrome? Mine looks awful.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ceramic coated the inside of my wheels when they were new and had been fully cleaned. And then I jsut wash the insides of them every couple months. P&S brake buster works really good on a scrub brush for the inside of the wheel surfaces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts