Best CAI for 5.3L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would love to hear some feedback on this product. It is probably a little more spendy than others but it looks very well made and wouldnt mind spending the extra cash if it was worth it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Also kevin do you know how you would go about cleaning your dry filter intake? I would rather buy a dry filter instead of a wet, i hate cleaning my K&N's on our quads and am always afraid of over oiling especially in a vehicle with so many electronics.

Dry filters can be vaccuumed from the outside...if they get really bad you can just get a replacement. Most companies sell their dry filters for pretty reasonable prices. I agree with you on the oiled filter point. I will never go that route again. I have had too many problems with oiled filters and MAF getting messed up. Dry filter just makes more sense to me.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think would be better AEM Bruteforce or the AFE 2-si? Both are dry filter options.

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think would be better AEM Bruteforce or the AFE 2-si? Both are dry filter options.

A good friend of mine owns a high performance shop and he said hands down to buy the aFe so I went that way. I've been extremely happy with mine so far. With the dry filter, if it gets too dirty there is instructions to wash it and let it dry out. I would NOT get the oiled one~! The best deal I found was on autoanything.com they have free shipping and then use coupon code welcome15 for 15%off your total. I paid like $260ish for mine. I'm a really happy customer!

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It will be between those 2 for me. I would like to do a little more research on both.

Does anyone know if a CAI would cause any fuss with a warranty issue down the road?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can tell you guys, that the intake our customer went home with, was the CAI Inc...

Djay762

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you guys, that the intake our customer went home with, was the CAI Inc...

Is that because the testing was done by them or because of the test results? Also, they use an oiled filter right?

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is that because the testing was done by them or because of the test results? Also, they use an oiled filter right?

CAI Inc did not do the testing. They asked if we would include their product in the testing. We did a 3rd party test, as we have no stake in any of the intakes- we sell them all.

The customer had a choice after testing, on which intake to take home. He had a K&N on previously, and took home the CAI Inc.

Reaction score
I too would love to hear some feedback on this product. It is probably a little more spendy than others but it looks very well made and wouldnt mind spending the extra cash if it was worth it..

Thank you, we take a lot of pride in what we send out the door here. It's all made right here in the USA outside of the Motor City, and is a well made unit that can handle the beating us Truck guys put them through! Backed with a lifetime warranty too!

Thanks for the info. It will be between those 2 for me. I would like to do a little more research on both.

Does anyone know if a CAI would cause any fuss with a warranty issue down the road?

CAI's can not void your vehicle warranty. Its the law, take a look into the Magnuson-Moss Act. Hope that helps!

Yeah the quality and workmanship looks awesome, i just dont want an oiled filter.

Thank you!! Do you mind my asking what you dislike about oiled filters. Usually the main concern is oil getting on the MAF. I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning and can hopefully offer some information that you may find helpful.

Not surprised!! Thats awesome to hear, I think when people start seeing these intakes first hand and see the results (which I am also very anxious to know!) it will be pretty clear that its a top shelf contender if your looking for a CAI.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill, i dont like oiled filters because of all the electronics on these newer rigs and because of the MAF. I would be a little nervous on what the right amount of oil would be. I have oiled filters on our ATV's but i would prefer a good dry filter on our tahoe. One Question is i have looked into your intake and the front (facing front grill) appears completely open where i live it rains alot in the winter months. would that be a issue? Either route i go i plan on putting a pre-filter sock type thing over the filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Low Beam