Best CAI for 5.3L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get a CAI before I get my BB Tune, I have my eye on the Volant sealed box type. What is everyone here running and how do they like it?

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I have the GM Accessories CAI. It's a little pricey, but seeing as how I had problems with some other brands on my last car (Injen, K&N) I have decided to remain with GM parts on this vehicle. If your rig has the air filter monitor you will still be able to use it. The part I really like is that you should be abe to find a K&N cone filter for this setup, however, the filter this kit comes with is a dryflow. This kit also gives a nice rumble to the engine sound, especially when you floor it. Additionally, you won't get grief from the dealer if you have this installed. It comes with a 12 month/12k warranty.

Last edited:

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... the GM Accessories CAI...

Got my eye on that one too.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the PN for the GMPP accessory CAI?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ben ...

For some reason it's not compatible with newer trucks. :think:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I paid a hundred less for the AIRAID CAI but I think I might get that one since its factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn