Best CAI for 5.3L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump. I'd like to order one in the next day or two, since I am going to get tuned in Nashville 4/28...

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Bruteforce. Put it on Friday and I like it alot. Although I really don't have anything to compare it to. But I'm really happy with what I got and I also have the BB tune. Truck feels completely different with both. I have some codes to Autoanything that will save you some cash if you want them. Just shoot me a PM and I can give you the codes. I got my Bruteforce for $235 shipped. I looked around and it seemed to be a good deal.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just ordered an AEM Brute Force through Autoanything, cheapest I could find around too. Got it for $223 shipped, 15% off and free shipping!

I chose that one because I hadn't found a bad review of it and someone said that Justin at BBP recommended it.

K_ddsl

Reaction score
I chose that one because I hadn't found a bad review of it and someone said that Justin at BBP recommended it.

Yup. I did. I asked him and his recommendations, in order of preference were:
1- AEM Brute Force
2- K&N
3- Air Raid

All dry non-oiled filters.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys my AEM came in Monday and I installed it then, took maybe 30 minutes taking my time. Didn't drive the Tahoe around until last night, and wow! I can't attest to a power gain but the sound is awesome. Very very deep rumble, still quiet but you can definitely tell a difference. Sounds very mean.

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake

Two weeks ago I installed the Brute Force CAI by AEM. Now that I've been driving it for a couple of weeks, I have to say that overall I'm very pleased. To start off installation was very straight forward. When it comes to cars/trucks I'm not at all mechanically savvy but despite this fact, I had the intake installed in about an hour. AEM did a great job by posting a step by step installation tutorial on youtube... definitely helped. I still haven't done a proper measurement but my impression is that fuel economy is only slightly improved if at all. What IS truly impressive about this intake is the SOUND. It makes my Tahoe growl, a deep and aggressive growl can be heard coming from under the hood. Throttle response has definitely been improved. Next steps: Magnaflow catback exhaust followed by a Black Bear tune.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I don't plan on getting new exhaust but I hv the BB tune and AEM intake and its so much more fun to drive. The whole front end lifts up when I floor it. I thought it was pretty powerful stock but those two mods take it to a new level. And the sound is just the cherry on top. The intake tube and air filter look so much better than stock too. Did you get the gunmetal finish or chrome?

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I don't plan on getting new exhaust but I hv the BB tune and AEM intake and its so much more fun to drive. The whole front end lifts up when I floor it. I thought it was pretty powerful stock but those two mods take it to a new level. And the sound is just the cherry on top. The intake tube and air filter look so much better than stock too. Did you get the gunmetal finish or chrome?

Went with the chrome. Was more partial to the gunmental finish but couldn't find one for the right price. How did you go about getting the BB tune? Scan cable, in person "street tune", etc? BB tuning has some recurring dates near my part of the country so I'm thinking a street tune would work for me.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the autocal. I would suggest doing it that way if you have the cash so you can flash your stock back anytime you need especially if you need to take it to the dealer for service. Plus you have the control of the tune in your computer and at home rather than having to take it in for adjustment. That probably is a pain unless you live local. It cost more but its worth it. Plus you can sell your device for a couple hundred bucks if you sell you truck or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joerob25