Belltech, Eibach, Hellwig---why should I run their sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubleclutch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed the Belltech swaybars (front and rear) along with the 2" drop spindles and 4" drop coils on a 2002 Tahoe (20" LTZ wheels). I'm amazed at how good it corners; it now reminds me of my IROC lol.

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hellwig has an adjustable swaybar for lowered SUVs, which I used. I am extremely impressed with the ride and is a better alternative than the DJM endlinks/swaybar combo.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hellwig has an adjustable swaybar for lowered SUVs, which I used. I am extremely impressed with the ride and is a better alternative than the DJM endlinks/swaybar combo.
I've seen it and it doesn't relocate the sway bar to the right away from the panhard bar mount. It adjusts for height but what I like about the DJM endlinks is the extra clearance away from that mount. This does depend on how far you're lowered though since after a certain amount of drop this comes into play.

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen it and it doesn't relocate the sway bar to the right away from the panhard bar mount. It adjusts for height but what I like about the DJM endlinks is the extra clearance away from that mount. This does depend on how far you're lowered though since after a certain amount of drop this comes into play.
I'm lowered at about 5" from the rear, using all Spohn hardware. The alignment for my diff is centered, with the Hellwig endlinks perfectly vertical. I should post a pic when I have a moment.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm lowered at about 5" from the rear, using all Spohn hardware. The alignment for my diff is centered, with the Hellwig endlinks perfectly vertical. I should post a pic when I have a moment.
I'm not sure, but maybe the NNBS are different than the NBS because if you drop that much with mine the rear diff moves way over due to the panhard bar and also the mount for it will hit the swaybar without the DJM's because they relocate the swaybar. My tires weren't centered side-to-side either so I went with a Spohn adjustable panhard. I take it you don't have these issues?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys are paying for sways and where you getting from. Why is adjustable needed? So they are out of the way of something or change how hard it prevents sway?

Also, are you guys getting springs with stock shocks or doing full shock/spring change? Or coilovers?

Which mod gives you most improved handle in one shot? Drop or sway bar?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes

i'd look at the following

hellwig
hotchkis
DJM
belltech (smallest of the list)

there are others, but these seem to be best

I'm hoping the difference between these sway bars is minimal.

At what drop do you need to start looking at different endlinks?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the difference between these sway bars is minimal.

At what drop do you need to start looking at different endlinks?
Probably 2". Any time the swaybars aren't parallel to the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212