Belltech, Eibach, Hellwig---why should I run their sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm interested in pulling down my rig during sweepers, cornering, etc. Beyond price alone, what are the reasons why I should pick one aftermarket rear sway bar over another?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I've been using hellwigs for the past 10 years and love them. Big heavy and stiff (insert pun here). I've never had an issue with them (SUV or truck) and it improved the handling 10 fold. Stiff sways change everything.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using hellwigs for the past 10 years and love them. Big heavy and stiff (insert pun here). I've never had an issue with them (SUV or truck) and it improved the handling 10 fold. Stiff sways change everything.

Cool.

Just the kind of feedback I want to hear.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

It's hard to select one of these sway bars over another---hard to know without trying each if they are all very similar in effect or noticeably different.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I would have to say that they all compare pretty close in terms of performance. Probably just looking at price.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive used hellwig and eibach on past similar weight class vehicles and noticed a nice improvement over stock on the one and a slight improvement on the other. Ofcourse one already had the stiffer of the 2 stock sway bars and the other was base model. Never used belltech so i cant comment but i would simply have to say go with a good brand you prefer and stay away from no name or ebay junk.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool.
I like to spend my money where I get the most value---which is not necessarily the lowest-price item. But in this case, with no other way to measure between known-brand sway bars, I guess I'll just go with the one that is available at the best price.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Size matters the most when it comes to swaybars. Get the thickest you can find, especially for the front. DJM or Hellwig have the beefiest.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, from the guy who started the "No Need to Modify" thread!! Welcome to the dark side!! :rotflmao:

I'm running Eibach front and rear with a 2/3 drop. Love the handling!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos