Battery not charging - Service brake booster 03 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Seems like a strange problem for being voltage-related. Wow, 7 degrees already?
Yea usually doesn't go single digits till after Christmas. Not looking forward to winter.
I've researched and I found mostly issues not dealing with the hardware or actually components of the braking system but the software like the dic, cluster, and even needing to be flashed.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Yea usually doesn't go single digits till after Christmas. Not looking forward to winter.
I've researched and I found mostly issues not dealing with the hardware or actually components of the braking system but the software like the dic, cluster, and even needing to be flashed.
Temps like checking accounts, go single digits after Christmas lol.

Geno300

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a remanufactured alternator today. About $160 for a 145 amp. There's a option for a 105 for our trucks but since mine has all the fancy gadgets and options I had to get the higher one. But no big deal as I realized that this was the original alternator from 2003 and after 150k it finally gave up, which to me is pretty impressive. So I didn't mind dumping the money on a new one knowing that. Changed it myself after watching a few youtube vids and it was an easy swap. I broke down on the side of the road and it takes literally 5 minutes to take out and 5 to put in the new one.
No messages yet.
And im assuming because of the lack of amperage that's why the brake booster was either failing or not registering. Fingers crossed!!!
What was the outcome? My friend is having the same problem. Trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick