Service Battery Charging System - 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FAUST

FAUST

Reaction score
FWIW, I consider alternators to be a maintenance item. I'm running this one in both of our Yukon XL's and they've been flawless for about 40K on one and 25K on the other. And they seem to handle AGM batteries just fine. For $120 it's a no brainer to swap it out every 100K or so.

Thank you for the recommendation! I usually go GM Genuine but if there is a more cost effective alternative - I’m there!

OP
OP
FAUST

FAUST

Reaction score
I am not. I am using a Klein MM400. I believe it has a load test capability… I will look at that now.

OP
OP
FAUST

FAUST

Reaction score
Tested battery without running for 24 hours. Today it was 50 degrees on the nose. Battery test was 12.05.

Now I’m lost - battery less than a year old and alternator seems to be operating properly.

I have not run a load test yet, I will get to that today or tomorrow.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You tested it right and it is no good. Replace the battery. Less than a year old, you ought to get a free replacement. But, do you want to go through this all time?

ACDelco batteries are great.

OP
OP
FAUST

FAUST

Reaction score
Seems like an obvious question but I don’t know for sure.

Will a bad alternator ruin/discharge a new battery?

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same warning light, battery strong 14+ volts and newer AGM battery. Replaced fuse on firewall too. Hoping to hear others with fixes too

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same warning light, battery strong 14+ volts and newer AGM battery. Replaced fuse on firewall too. Hoping to hear others with fixes too
You got your alternator tested?

Grounds inspected? Are you in the rust belt region of the US?

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternator tested out okay, but that was at an O'Rileys. Might go to the actual place in town that does alternator work etc.

Yes, I live in Indiana. Need to check grounds next.....interior lights pulsate so that tells me something isn't happy

OP
OP
FAUST

FAUST

Reaction score
I do not live in the rust belt, but I do live in the PNW - Oregon. The truck was in TX during a hurricane I have found out.

I have seen the one ground on the passenger side of the block, what other grounds are there to inspect? I have yet to get that one cleaned and checked. I am planning on replacing the battery wires per advice earlier in this thread and will see what that does. I am also replacing alternator first of the month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn