ball joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a pain are they to replace. Tahoe has 225k on original ball joints. How hard is it to get the original rivets out

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Just did all of my wearable parts upfront. The uppers where not bad at all! A air hammer or grinder will make quick work of getting rid of knocking off the rivet heads. Now the lowers on the other hand are pressed in and a pain in the .... I rented a press but it wasn't big enough to press them so I had to drive the a-arm down on them.. wow

rmodel65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new arms are about the same price as just upper ball joints... wish i had known when i did my silverado....the lowers press in and you gotta get the cv out of the way to get them done. I did mine on a lift would have been a pain on the ground. i just use a press and an air impact on the lowers made quick work of them by tapping the arm slightly around while putting pressure on with the impact

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts