Back in an Escalade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I try to keep my car looking like new but kids in the back will spill drinks in the back.

I found that the captain's chairs come out easily with 4x 3/4" or 19mm bolts.

c86271eac12d1561ab0fad46723b6c12.jpg

When I worked dealerships in college I noticed the detailers would remove the carpet and hit it with tire cleaner and heavy soap. Decided to try that. Wasn't able to remove it but hit it regardless. Followed up with a wet vac several times. Carpet should be clean with no gunk.

41c67ecaa2a0f257f6bfdee41b23c2a5.jpg

This job took about 45 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

My 02 Denali had tan interior and I told myself I would never get a light interior color again especially with my kids still riding in it. I'm so happy with my black interior now. Great job on the cleaning nonetheless.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Just wrapped it up. Took it on a test drive. I still have a clunking noise on hard accelerations. I thought I had eliminated the motor mounts. I don't get the clunk when pressing gas and brake in F or R. Maybe the front left motor mount is failing but not yet broken?

None of my bushings looked shot. Nothing had play. I guess I'm back to square one. At least I don't need to worry about shocks or air compressors for another 100K.

3a4b117d26f283ca8a0f6b14256bf9dd.jpg

I'm not sure what to think of the new shocks as I've only driven 1 mile now. I'll update after I drive it more. The truck rode awesome before. I wasn't expecting much improvement.

It may be your slip yoke or u joints you can check.

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02 Denali had tan interior and I told myself I would never get a light interior color again especially with my kids still riding in it. I'm so happy with my black interior now. Great job on the cleaning nonetheless.
Black was my first choice for sure. After 4 months waiting to find a good deal with the backup camera, <100k I expanded my search to Maroon and White.

My yellow lab rides a lot. So beige hasn't been too bad. Black is definitely the best interior.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it ride with the new shocks. My pump just took a dump and think it my be time for shocks and struts all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it ride with the new shocks. My pump just took a dump and think it my be time for shocks and struts all the way around.

I'm happy with them. I drove around OKC, up to 80mph on the highway and in stop and go traffic.

They are nice. They are not a downgrade and did very well. The cornering is firm. Speed bumps are alright. Potholes aren't too noticeable.

I prefer to drive a little fast and one of my other cars is an M sport BMW if that tells you my preferences. These make the Escalade ride like I expect.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I also share your love for speed. I have a Mercedes E63 which is fun to drive on nice days.

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's been 2 years since I've updated my little thread. Looks like I've had this truck for 3 or 4 years and ~70,000 miles.

People make fun of American cars and say they're unreliable. I've had an amazingly cheap and easy 70,000 miles. No dealership or mechanics visits. Everything still works. I quickly replaced the shocks, brakes, etc at 90,000 miles. Now it's been extremely eay.

In the last 2 years I've only had to do ~2 things to the truck:

1) Left sway bar bushing ($8).
2) Replace bumper with a $300 pre-painted ebay bumper. This took ~1 hour and was amazingly cheap. Insurance gave me ~$1200 for it. (Someone hit me.) I guess I paid myself $900/hr labor.

Now that I'm at ~160,000 miles (and many cross country trips) I need to go ahead and do the filters, fluids, etc again.

I wish I'd pasted the quantities and types of fluids I used here last time. Not sure if I'll do the rear end or not. It was amazingly easy. My 14 bolt rear end has a drain plug. The brake pads should be getting low after 70,000 miles.

Guess I'll post an update with the fluids and quantities I use this time.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
How was the quality of paintwork on that bumper? I need a paint job on my bumper but may be cheaper to replace it.

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the quality of paintwork on that bumper? I need a paint job on my bumper but may be cheaper to replace it.

It looked perfect. The paint was thinner than OEM though. I did get a scuff I had to patch.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk