Back in an Escalade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure anyone cares about a 14 year old truck. Man I've had this a long time and decided to keep it yet again. I can get a comparable newer body style for ~$45K. No thanks!

Remember, I'm the guy who had the new Tahoe in 2015 and didn't like it at all. This truck has been great for me and I need to keep it.

Side rant: The new ones are so much slower than this one. It's surprising. I don't have a spare tire, the rear seats are removed, the transmission and engine have a tune, etc. A new Escalade is probably a second or so slower in 0-60. This is quicker than my little Porsche Boxster. It's fun.

Anyhow -- It's now at 180,000 miles. Has never needed a major repair. A new seat cover is ordered for the driver's side ($220). New door pulls are ordered for the passenger side. I put the new Denali wheels and new tires on it. The transmission fluid needs to be replaced. That 15 year old belt on the engine should go any day too.

This truck has just been unbelievably reliable. More to come.

IMG_20200102_084752 (1).jpg

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mention in this thread the only thing I regret about my 06 Esky.. That 6 speed would be awesome! 8 speed would be cool too!

Why the Denali wheels over your Esky wheels?

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the Denali wheels over your Esky wheels?

Heh. This one is sad actually. I was about to go on a trip and the chrome was peeling on my old wheels and I needed tires. I called them and asked for a new version of my wheels with tires. They were out of Esky wheels but had Denali. I said to do those instead.

Then I checked Facebook marketplace and saw new Esky wheels/tire takeoffs for ~40% of what I paid. Sigh...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure anyone cares about a 14 year old truck. Man I've had this a long time and decided to keep it yet again. I can get a comparable newer body style for ~$45K. No thanks!

Remember, I'm the guy who had the new Tahoe in 2015 and didn't like it at all. This truck has been great for me and I need to keep it.

Side rant: The new ones are so much slower than this one. It's surprising. I don't have a spare tire, the rear seats are removed, the transmission and engine have a tune, etc. A new Escalade is probably a second or so slower in 0-60. This is quicker than my little Porsche Boxster. It's fun.

Anyhow -- It's now at 180,000 miles. Has never needed a major repair. A new seat cover is ordered for the driver's side ($220). New door pulls are ordered for the passenger side. I put the new Denali wheels and new tires on it. The transmission fluid needs to be replaced. That 15 year old belt on the engine should go any day too.

This truck has just been unbelievably reliable. More to come.

View attachment 305386
Glad to hear you’re still enjoying your Escalade! She looks fantastic with the new denali wheels! I love those wheels! And they look good on your caddy! I agree that these are a lot better than the newer ones! Great to here she’s still rollin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879