Back in an Escalade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW-I replaced my rears and compressor with ones from Arnott. When I bought my Yukon my compressor was really loud and it ran alot. I had a leak in both of my rears. It gets louder as it is dying out. About a year later I replaced my fronts with the ones from Arnott as well. They came with the sensor to fool the computer as to not trip the warning light/message. I had the real time dampening shocks in the front but just went with the passive ones as OEM fronts were ridiculously expensive. My Yukon rides just fine. Not sure with the Esky but just thught I'd chime in...GL
@mattluttrell

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year later I replaced my fronts with the ones from Arnott as well. They came with the sensor to fool the computer as to not trip the warning light/message. I had the real time dampening shocks in the front but just went with the passive ones as OEM fronts were ridiculously expensive. @mattluttrell

Cool. I've ordered the Arnott AS-2127 shocks for the rear.

I'm looking at the Arnott SK-2671 for the front right now. I have a "need" in the rear and a "want" for the front. I might see if I can learn anything important about the front before I order.

Does your truck ride pretty well up front?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. I've ordered the Arnott AS-2127 shocks for the rear.

I'm looking at the Arnott SK-2671 for the front right now. I have a "need" in the rear and a "want" for the front. I might see if I can learn anything important about the front before I order.

Does your truck ride pretty well up front?

If anything it rides a bit nicer. I mean the stock ones had 100K on them so I figured maint. wise it was time to replace them. I basically got the version you are looking at--but for my year. Looks like they come with the sensors so no warning lights. Personally if you can swing it-I'd do just do them all at once. Also check amazon or ebay because sometimes there are specials for rear shocks+compressor. Up to this point-no complaints at all.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anything it rides a bit nicer. I mean the stock ones had 100K on them so I figured maint. wise it was time to replace them. I basically got the version you are looking at--but for my year. Looks like they come with the sensors so no warning lights. Personally if you can swing it-I'd do just do them all at once. Also check amazon or ebay because sometimes there are specials for rear shocks+compressor. Up to this point-no complaints at all.
Probably gonna sound like a dumb question but I'll ask anyways haha. I've never had the air ride before in my other vehicles so I'm not to sure when to do maintenance on it and such. I never hear the compressor kick on when I start up my 2006 YXLD. Is that a sign that it's not working?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably gonna sound like a dumb question but I'll ask anyways haha. I've never had the air ride before in my other vehicles so I'm not to sure when to do maintenance on it and such. I never hear the compressor kick on when I start up my 2006 YXLD. Is that a sign that it's not working?

You should hear it on startup for just a few secs (like 10ish) almost every time. The compressor is located on driver side framerail in the rear between rear tire and bumper. Also rear shocks should have air lines ran to them--if you do have these and never hear the compressor-I'm surprised you dont have any warning lights/messages...

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2002 Escalade which is probably similar to your 2006 Denali. There was a fuse (#7?) on the fuse box above the driver's front wheel. It was pulled. It disabled the air compressor I believe. I never heard my compressor and never had a warning light.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should hear it on startup for just a few secs (like 10ish) almost every time. The compressor is located on driver side framerail in the rear between rear tire and bumper. Also rear shocks should have air lines ran to them--if you do have these and never hear the compressor-I'm surprised you dont have any warning lights/messages...[/QUOTE

Yeah no messages in the dic. I'm gonna go out and look underneath cuz I thought for sure I have the air ride. Good tips to look for thanx.
I had a 2002 Escalade which is probably similar to your 2006 Denali. There was a fuse (#7?) on the fuse box above the driver's front wheel. It was pulled. It disabled the air compressor I believe. I never heard my compressor and never had a warning light.
I'll check that fuse too! Thanx for the heads up!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went out and looked things over. I do have air ride. Compressor is right where it should be and lines going to shocks lol. Checked fuses. The fuse he mentioned is fine. Still no warning light in my DIC though. out of curiosity, how much does the air compressor usually run if I want to to replace it? And is it a terribly complicated job if I want to do it myself? Or too complicated?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I went out and looked things over. I do have air ride. Compressor is right where it should be and lines going to shocks lol. Checked fuses. The fuse he mentioned is fine. Still no warning light in my DIC though. out of curiosity, how much does the air compressor usually run if I want to to replace it? And is it a terribly complicated job if I want to do it myself? Or too complicated?

Check Arnott or amazon for current prices......pretty easy job...just getting it down can be a PITA depending on rusted things are...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Arnott or amazon for current prices......pretty easy job...just getting it down can be a PITA depending on rusted things are...
Good to know thanx for the heads up. Fortunately for me I love in southern California and salt can't be used on our roads to melt snow. I do get snow here in my ski town but no salt. so my car is pretty rust free on the underside haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive