Autocal BB Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zed, my question was not a real world question. Here's another example, say my neighbor and I both have the same vehicles with the same mods, both tuned by BB. However last week my neighbor installed a 40hp wet nitrous shot and had BB tune his application. I add the same 40hp nitrous mod to my vehicle, but I don't have a tune(map) for it yet, and say Justin at BB is on his honeymoon in Paris for the next 3 weeks, and I want a map to use until I'm able to get the real deal from BB.

So as I say, I understand vehicles having their own characteristics, but using a tuned map from someone else with the same mods is not like putting A- blood in someone with B+ blood. Now will this work until I get an actual tune?Yes. Would a tuner say it's ok to do this? Doubtful. And finally, do I mean any wrong doing with this? Absolutely not!

As for my use of the autocal I doubt I will ever use the tune allotment that comes with it. I think it comes with 4 or 5 tunes before you need to pay for additional tunes. I understand why there is a limit on the amount of tunes, but it does kind of suk considering the amount your paying for something with so much benefit.

IMO the nitrous example could have even more serious consequences if the A/F and timing is not right. Having the fuel mixture detonate at the wrong timing sequence would be detrimental to the engine. Even if the mods only include CAI and exhaust becuase you may get pinging. Besides BB gets it right the first time :driver:!

As far as the BB Autocal, please name another tuner that provides all the services that BB does and comes with additional tunes should you add/delete mods; especially at that price point.

OP
OP
Z

Z71Psycho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He got it on the first time, everytime. Even without doing it in person, he had the AFR dead set for my FI setup. It could not have been any better, aside from a dyno tune (maybe).

When he did my wife's 08 Burban, he did it in person in NC. We did a few runs until we nailed it, but we were mostly going over shift firmness and what I thought would be best for my wife and the soccer Burban. :D

So you received your autocal, logged your vehicles data and emailed it to Justin. He then tweaked the data and sent you a file to upload and your vehicle and it ran great? After you received the 1st tweaked file from Justin and you installed it, did you send him another log data file, or did your vehicle run good enough you didn't need to send him a 2nd log data file?

Btw, my wife probably wouldn't be too happy with me if I had her soccer vehicle shifting to radical. lol! I'd have to tell her it was helping gain an extra 5 mpg if I was to do that.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

IMO the nitrous example could have even more serious consequences if the A/F and timing is not right. Having the fuel mixture detonate at the wrong timing sequence would be detrimental to the engine. Even if the mods only include CAI and exhaust becuase you may get pinging. Besides BB gets it right the first time :driver:!

As far as the BB Autocal, please name another tuner that provides all the services that BB does and comes with additional tunes should you add/delete mods; especially at that price point.

Per the nitrous you are probably looking into that a little too far. If the map was setup for such a mod as a 40hp dry shot, the tune would surely have some timing pulled out when activated, along with richening it up some. Anyone reading this needs to know I'm only speculating here and have no current experience with the autocal or the person the tunes the files associated with the autocal. Actually I have been unable to find anyone talking about doing such things with this device so who knows maybe I can bring a new world to the autocal capabilities?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
its not wise to share tunes with others because when Justin tunes your truck, it specifically for your truck. No 2 trucks are the same. Yours and my truck could share the same mods, but your tune would be based on your location. If you live in a high elevation like in Seattle, and i live somewhere Low like New Orleans, Our trucks are not going to preform the same. I have the autocal and Friggin love this thing. The ability to chirp the rear tires on 22's is pretty impressive, even though its only on the 1-2 shift

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the nitrous you are probably looking into that a little too far. If the map was setup for such a mod as a 40hp dry shot, the tune would surely have some timing pulled out when activated, along with richening it up some. Anyone reading this needs to know I'm only speculating here and have no current experience with the autocal or the person the tunes the files associated with the autocal. Actually I have been unable to find anyone talking about doing such things with this device so who knows maybe I can bring a new world to the autocal capabilities?

I know all this is merely conjecture, but you did include it in for discussion :Handshake:. Only a 40 shot :shocked:?!? Yes the tune for nitrous would have adjusted timing and A/F, but the consequence for straying off ideal combustion is far more serious. If the original tune was closer to a lean A/F, and say your injectors were running lean and you used that tune...

Look on the full size GM forum, some of those guys are running an Autocal with nitrous or FI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts