Auto ride questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoderholmJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
unless you plan on hauling a trailer around don't get auto ride, PAIN IN THE ASS...just one more thing that can go wrong and you gotta pay big bucks to fix. I HATE MY AUTO RIDE SHOCKS WITH A PASSION!!!for hauling i hear they're great, and i suppose if you're rich they may be great also

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The autoride is great when it works and with a load but otherwise its a pain in the ass. I have 70K on my 05 and have had to replace the module, compressor and all 4 shocks. If the extended warranty wouldn't have covered it I would not have kept it. At the dealer thats close to 4k in repairs.

wade

Reaction score
if you can work on things your self, I replaced my 2 blown rear shocks and compressor on my denali for about 580 or so. To me thats not a lot of money, and I am 24 years old, and not rich. Just manage money well. I dont see all the fuss over a few hundred that will last another 5+ years. cry me a river.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the ONLY person here who has not had ANY issues with Auto Ride?....Im pushing near 100k miles in my 2003 Denali...I jump my truck, go 4x4ing, mudding, driving through deep water, towing...and I've NEVER had ANY issues with my AutoRide...Only reason I didnt keep them was because I lowered my truck...but I wanted to keep them anyways...I just physically couldnt fit them...I still have my stock air shocks in a box in the garage...my compressor is still mounted in my truck...

hmm...I think if not THE most...Im ONE OF the guys that have abused his AutoRide system the most and mine is still wonderful...

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I had one of the front shocks replaced on mine when I bought it at 70k. Drove the shit out of it even with the drop for about 20k and never had any issues. They're still sitting in my garage with no issues, just had to go with a slightly shorter shock.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably not the easiest person on it but I certainly don't abuse it. I have had all the parts replaced. I don't know if they started making the parts cheaper in the later years so they don't hold up as well or what but it seems the later years have more problems with it.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My autoride was fine. It's sitting in the garage now. I just needed shorter shocks like Max & Blizzard said.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the ONLY person here who has not had ANY issues with Auto Ride?....Im pushing near 100k miles in my 2003 Denali...I jump my truck, go 4x4ing, mudding, driving through deep water, towing...and I've NEVER had ANY issues with my AutoRide...Only reason I didnt keep them was because I lowered my truck...but I wanted to keep them anyways...I just physically couldnt fit them...I still have my stock air shocks in a box in the garage...my compressor is still mounted in my truck...

hmm...I think if not THE most...Im ONE OF the guys that have abused his AutoRide system the most and mine is still wonderful...

You know, it could be that people who USE it don't LOSE it. There are sometimes systems that will degrade if UNUSED due to corrosion etc. This is probably one of them.

robowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Am I the ONLY person here who has not had ANY issues with Auto Ride?....Im pushing near 100k miles in my 2003 Denali...I jump my truck, go 4x4ing, mudding, driving through deep water, towing...and I've NEVER had ANY issues with my AutoRide...

Same here... I've got 102k on my '03 Hoe and she's still leveling away. I haven't had to replace or even service anything on it, but I'm sure the time isn't too far off from what everyone's saying on here...

kses123

kses123
Reaction score

I have had two Denali's. The first one had 100k miles, never once had an issue with AutoRide. My current one has 90k and it also has no problems with AutoRide. I think the system is great. It never squats down in the back, it always rides great. Of course if you go to the dealer, it's going to cost a fortune to fix AutoRide components. There are of course other places to get parts for much less.

I just put Bilstein's on my sister's Z71 Tahoe, they are great. I still think my Denali rides a lot better than hers. I would say go for Autoride, but that's just my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts