Auto Stop / Start Turn itself off?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battledenali

Reaction score
I hate to brag, but after I brought my 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate in for service at the GMC dealer, the Auto Stop/Start just stopped working. The truck now just stays on . I thought it was a season thing, with the heat running and the truck not turning off, but its spring now and even with the climate controls off the truck is still not turning off when I come to a stop.

Ill call it a win, but what did they do for this the be the case? I dont want to go in for service again in fear that they may reverse this miracle.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to brag, but after I brought my 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate in for service at the GMC dealer, the Auto Stop/Start just stopped working. The truck now just stays on . I thought it was a season thing, with the heat running and the truck not turning off, but its spring now and even with the climate controls off the truck is still not turning off when I come to a stop.

Ill call it a win, but what did they do for this the be the case? I dont want to go in for service again in fear that they may reverse this miracle.
Mine is doing it less and less now...State of Charge of the Battery is an input into whether or not AutoStop functions.
Been doing a fair number of short trips lately...kind of attribute it to that.
Did notice it started doing it again after I took a 3 hr road trip...
My gut says battery health is your friend in this case.

BacDoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A good explanation of how the stop/start works is on YouTube by the mechanic who has the channel “Car Care Nut”. If you watch his long explanation of how these systems work you might see why yours is not working for some circumstances. It is illegal for any mechanic or shop to modify or eliminate “Emmissions” equipment. I highly doubt a dealer would do this.