Yukon, SLT vs Denali ride quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umar96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Deciding between an SLT and a Denali for ride quality. Obviously the Denali is better but I'm curious how noticable of a difference it is? Is it worth paying the extra coin? Also, does the magneride come with it's own headaches of repairs and such?

Curious what people would advise. Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking the higher trim level suspension does indeed deliver a better ride even with taller wheels. On the flip side, the system is more costly to maintain/repair over the long haul but I do not know the specifics on your generation compared to the 2007-2014 of which I am more familiar with. If you only plan on keeping the truck for 7 years or less, maintenance/repairs really ought not be an issue when comparing the two.

Antonm

Reaction score
We test drove an Escalade, a couple of Denalis, and an AT4 Yukon before deciding on a Tahoe high country (wife didn't' like the center console of the Escalade or the dash layout of the Denali) and we test drove two Tahoes to decide between air suspension or magnetic ride control.

I can say that IMHO there is a noticeable difference between the magnetic ride control on the AT4 and Tahoe without the air suspension, compared to the higher trim level stuff with the air suspension. Not saying the AT4 or magnetic ride control Tahoe was bad or anything, but the air ride is smoother (at least both me and my wife thought so anyway).

OP
OP
U

umar96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Air suspension and magnetic ride control is different? That's news to me...

OP
OP
U

umar96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the air suspension affect ride quality as well?

OP
OP
U

umar96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I test drove both. The difference felt very minimal to me. Some of the very minor bumps and cracks were better muted but apart from that, couldn't really tell.

I don't know if the Denali I test drove had air suspension or not.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an slt with the basic suspension no mag ride or air and it's by far the smoothest vehicle I've ever rode in. Never been in a new model with either of the fancy suspensions so I guess I don't know what I'm missing out on but I won't have to worry about much going wrong with the suspension we have either. Plan is to drive this one 10 years give or take and we're only approaching year 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yote1