Anyone have a lowered tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ? what are better keys the belltech or the ones that LMC truck sells or are they the same?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM Max, he may have soem Ford keys.

IMHO, they are all pretty close, just don't buy some cheap-os just to save a buck.

OP
OP
W

wigwag90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks fellas I will check into these. Ill postpics as soon as I get the kit on. Witch ever one I decicde to get. thanks again.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I know I'm a new guy on this forum, but the 1999 2wd Tahoe/Yukon doesn't have suspension keys...the front drop would be with coils and/or spindles. If you're looking to:
  • maintain factory ride quality and/or keep your current shocks - use 2" drop spindles.
  • enhance handling, go with 2" springs - would suggest Eibach or Hotchkis from a performance and drop standpoint.
  • level things out with a mild drop and keep a nice ride, I'd suggest going with 3/2 drop (2" spindles and a 1" coil drop up front and 2" shackles for the rear).

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
sory looking at the wrong section

2 inch drop just get the shackles in rear i sell them for less than 55 shipped

TOWRIGG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a newbie to the site and have a 94 yukon gt...im looking to lower it about 3" in front and 3.5" in the rear..i know keys are the way to go in the front but i would like to go with shackles/hangers in the rear.i wanna keep my factory leafs cause i use it to tow my race car & trailer...can anyone tell me if i can use 2wd or 4 dr. shackles/hangers and what mods i might have to do to use them? everything i find is 95 and up...thanx for your help..

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive done tons of these trucks

How about 3.5 inch lowering leafs makes it much easier?

the shackles you can use they are all the same that will lower it 2 inches.

just give me that info and i can steer you from there.

TOWRIGG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx djm...but the drop leaves wont hold my trailer and car w/o the help of bags...i read somewhere that 4dr shackles/hangers work 2drs. 3-4" are about my limit...but 2" wont look like much with 20" wheels...what other ways can i get it down 3-3.5"...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian