Any interest in 4wd front coilovers to replace tbars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I frequently get the most questions regarding what shock and spring to use, so I made a spreadsheet to try and simplify the process. I attached it to this email. Feel free to PM me if this doesn't fully answer any question you have, but it should give you a good idea.

Let me know what you guys think!

I still have sets for sale! PM me if you want some!

Thanks,
Richard

Attachments

• Shock-Spring.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been working on a way for guys to go lower or to use a longer shock, and have revisited the stud top option from QA1. I ordered a 1.5" rod of poly and had some custom washers made to support it, and this is the result:

IMG_4438%20Custom_zpspxf3trha.jpg

The bushing is a hard material and will not deform under the weight, but will give enough to allow the shock to pivot when the suspension cycles. I used a test piece and put it in my 20ton press and it compressed some, but did not explode or deform, even when I loaded it unevenly. In the uneven loading it bent the washers but did not destroy the bushing, so I feel pretty good about it.

More importantly, doing this takes off 1.5" of distance on the "main measurement". That is additional travel that can be had by using a longer shock, or another 3" of drop at the wheel. So the lowest I think you can go with this will be a 5-6" drop from stock height. This is very low and your cv angles will be very negative and youll probably want to flip the tie rods and get some camber adjusters, but those are easy things if you want to go that low. This is all on stock LCA, UCA, and spindle. My brackets can be used with a drop spindle for even more drop!

I will be selling the bushing kits in combination with the lowers only, or with the full normal kit. I have also updated my spreadsheet to more accurately reflect the possible combinations.

email me at rkwayne at gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing.

Updated pricing:
A FULL NORMAL KIT (2 uppers, 2 lowers, and hardware) will be $325 shipped.
A FULL NORMAL KIT w/ STUD BUSHINGs (2 uppers, 2 lowers, hardware, 2 stud bushings) will be $365 shipped.
A FULL LIFTED KIT (2 lifted uppers, 2 lowers, and hardware) will be $335 shipped.
A LOWER SET ONLY (2 lowers and hardware) will be $200 shipped.
A LOWER SET ONLY w/ STUD BUSHINGS (2 lowers, 2 bushing kits, and hardware) will be $250 shipped.
An UPPER SET ONLY (2 uppers and hardware) will be $200 shipped.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• Shock-Springv3.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 3

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see this is still gathering interest. I do still have my coil overs on front and still liking it. Just the rear i do not like. lol. But not much i can do about it except c-notch it.

New bushing looks very good and sounds better than the original style i have.

ThatDudeOrion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got the full setup including Atomics lower brackets and all the shocks, springs, etc. , never been installed, probably won't ever get around to it, willing to sell the whole enchilada for a lot cheaper than what I paid for it. If interested send me a PM and we can discuss pricing, shipping, etc.

DPGDirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, do you have kits for these trucks that you can recommend just based on basic parameters or does one have to measure everything out?
Sorry, my head hurts and don't wanna read 25 pages right now.

Basically wondering if I said I had a 2003 Yukon 4wd 5.3L without any extra weight like front bumpers, etc, and wanted maybe 1-2 inches of drop over stock, could you recommend the parts needed to accomplish that?

Very cool set up BTW. Sounds like a great upgrade...

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, all I really need is that 1 measurement from the middle of the lower shock bolt to the top of the frame shock perch with the truck on the ground. I can figure out what parts you need based on that and how low/high you want to go compared to that. I always want guys to measure that distance because it seems every setup is a little different. I can take a blind guess but it may be wrong, which means the hassle of sending parts back and all that.

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed still got aways to go before it's on the road. Z71 springs leveled front 3 inch body lift. 41 1/2 ground to fender
Ride height was not yet set in pic of coil over

20160315_203615.jpg

20160312_181225.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher

Latest posts