AFM delete by dealer?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok.... no disrespect to any of you, but that Range gizmo is the biggest waste of money I've ever heard of. Why spend $200 just to disable your AFM and potentially run your battery down? :thumbsdown:

Get. The. Truck. Tuned.

For the love of pete, put the $200 toward a tune from BBP and realize all of the other associated benefits. Better driveability, better shifts, better fuel economy...and you can still get AFM disabled. You'd be more than halfway there with two bills. Just saying.

OP
OP
MudnRox

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
Ok.... no disrespect to any of you, but that Range gizmo is the biggest waste of money I've ever heard of. Why spend $200 just to disable your AFM and potentially run your battery down? :thumbsdown:

Get. The. Truck. Tuned.

For the love of pete, put the $200 toward a tune from BBP and realize all of the other associated benefits. Better driveability, better shifts, better fuel economy...and you can still get AFM disabled. You'd be more than halfway there with two bills. Just saying.

I totally understand what you are saying. But I didn't buy the Range I borrowed it from a friend that had one. But he is now tuned and I was just trying his Range out on my Tahoe. I'd love to do a tune either Blackbear or a local dyno tune but just dont have funds at this time for it. I'm hoping I can get it done with tax money. I was simply trying to find a cheap alternative to get something done quickly. nothing more than that.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understood. I was directing that more at Whight Knight who said he was thinking about buying one for his Denali. He'd be much better off with the tune, especially with the additional power that the 6.2 puts out.

White knight

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Still considering it. Unfortunately my suburban (at 53k miles) burns 1 qt of oil per 1000 miles, and I was considering options to reduce the possibility of this happening in the Denali (while still hanging on to the warranty) have 750 miles on the Denali.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6.2s don't have the oil burning issue ... at least the three I've owned didn't.

And getting a BB tune won't void or affect your warranty ... in order to do so the dealer would have to conclusively prove that something in that tune was the direct cause of the failure of a warrantied part, and Justin doesn't tune these trucks to have that sort of impact. If anything, removing the Afm will reduce stress on engine components.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup you have AFM ... you can actually see it in action on you DIC. (gigitty)

White knight

Reaction score
I know mine does- wasn't sure what year it was added and whether yours did :)

Also lol action on my DIC

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what year it was added, but I had it on my 10 Denali and 11 and 12 Escalades, and even on my 09 6.0 Hybrid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645