AFM delete by dealer?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO a bb tune is worth every penny! Just AFM delete alone is not worth much but be complete package of having AFM tuned out along with the other improvements make it feel like a brand new ride!!! :driver:

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has NE1 tried a product from rangertechnology that is "suppose" to override AFM or DOD

White knight

Reaction score
Yes, and it works exactly as advertised. Got it from auto anything for 15% off. Same mileage in the Denali vs stock.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone had the Dealer to replace the engine internals with the GM Kit?

my AFM on the 2013 killed the motor at 44k miles, and we got a 2016, the AFM on the 2016 5.3 6spd is in V4 mode ALL the time, and makes a huge res waonance, it's sounds like you are running over rumble strips every time you slow down in traffic and try to catch back up.

is AFM noise a warrant-able item?

another question: how do you know if the engine is out of oil due to AFM consumption? does it have a light on the dash, or just blow up the engine? our 2013 was having problems a while before my wife thought to mention it to me.

good comment on tuning it out, the AFM lifter can still fail:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...-performance&gclid=CKis6r-GudECFYhKDQodnfMDQg

"Had the AFM deleted with a programmer but the lifter still went bad. Used this kit in my 2008 5.3l silverado and it went in flawlessly. Used the COMP XFI cam and springs and made the tired old beater into a new towing machine"

Dank Denali

Reaction score
So it seems like the 6.2's don't have issues with AFM? Planning on getting a tune at some point, is it recommended to disable AFM on the 2013 Denali or leave it alone?