Advice: Options to avoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigskirig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure why this member dosnt. My wife went from a ‘15 slt (6 speed) to a ‘16 Denali with the 8 speed. The 8 speed is hands down better in every way. Not sure if it has anything to do with the 6.2 vs the 5.3 or not, but the 8 speed in her car shifts fantastic and just floats along at all speeds. I am willing to bet the 10 speed is even better yet.

Sorry for the delay in responding, my 8 spd has an occasional hesitation in lower gears, often when pulling away from a stop. Had the dealer flash it so it would “relearn” shift points but it’s still there. I did drive a 10 speed Expedition as a rental and that was flawless.

With respect to the wheels, we’re due for new rubber shortly so hopefully things improve there as well.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding, my 8 spd has an occasional hesitation in lower gears, often when pulling away from a stop. Had the dealer flash it so it would “relearn” shift points but it’s still there. I did drive a 10 speed Expedition as a rental and that was flawless.

With respect to the wheels, we’re due for new rubber shortly so hopefully things improve there as well.

Since you liked the 10 speed in the Expy, you should go rest drive the 2018 Denali, which has almost the same 10 speed transmission and report back if you like it as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

need-for-speed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It definitely is a personal choice, I prefer on the firm side. Not worn out suspension feeling..

I doubt sway bars can help. I had a few different LT Tahoe’s for loaners a few times. Pulling into a parking spot when you’d stop, it’d rock. Squishy squishy. I don’t think sway bars or stiff performance tires can help the affects from soft shocks and springs. Something that MRC definitely helps with.

If I were to keep my vehicles past 50k miles (which I don’t) MRC would make me nervous, admittedly because it’s not uncommon to run these things past 200k miles like nothing. And I’m sure the suspension would be your first issue.

Arnott offers some good options for replacing these e-shocks. Currently they offer thru year 2014 I believe. By the time the 2017s start getting old enough to have issues, they’ll have parts for those too. It’s not a huge issue.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott offers some good options for replacing these e-shocks. Currently they offer thru year 2014 I believe. By the time the 2017s start getting old enough to have issues, they’ll have parts for those too. It’s not a huge issue.
I mean it’s a huge issue to me. I’ve already gone 50k+ miles on a 2015+, so arnott wouldn’t be of any help. But MRC helps. Problem solved. This whole problem that I’m describing wasn’t exhibited on the 2007-14, their suspension felt more firm and refined.

2015s are old enough, they should have shocks for them by now. They’ve been out for 4 years.

Csurp

Reaction score
I'd certainly avoid the worthless OEM navigation sydtem, if at all possible. Google Maps is a much, much better system, and is standsrd on most smartphones.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Totally agree with this.

It's $500 that you don't need to spend.

My truck already had it when I bought it but I don't use it.

Android Auto is great.

Caveat, are the non navi screens the same size as the OEM navi screen?