Adding Apple CarPlay to 2015 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flynnstone

Reaction score
Anyone purchased one of the kits to add CarPlay? I'm about to pull the trigger and was curious if anyone has done it?

911jason

Reaction score
I'm interested in Android Auto and it's pretty disappointing that the 2016's are being updated, but not the 2015. Was there really a significant difference between the two head units that it's not possible? Is it possible to switch out a component of the 2015 with a 2016 system to make the update possible? I'm assuming not, but who knows...

Reaction score
Having CarPlay in my 2016, I don't think I would waste any money on upgrading just for that feature. It's pretty buggy and it crashes my phone frequently. Now that being said, I'm jailbroken and running iOS 9.0.2. I guess the only benefit I see would be the maps but with the factory nav it's redundant.

Tricky1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done the upgrade on my 15 as well as video in motion with smart phone interface. Everything works as advertised.

ERS2015

Reaction score
I have done the upgrade on my 15 as well as video in motion with smart phone interface. Everything works as advertised.

How would I do this upgrade, is it software or do you have to replace hardware also? Thanks!

hamd1719

Reaction score
Is there a performance(overall) difference in 2015 after carplay upgrade?

Because 2016 is really fast compared to 2015

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Flynnstone

Reaction score
I picked up the new radio brain, HMI module and USB ports for my 2015, and will have it installed Friday. I believe the modules are 2016 units, so i would expect everything to mirror the OEM 2016 systems.

It cost me $600 for the new parts, which seems a bit cheaper than everything else i've seen posted online.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Flynnstone

Reaction score
Can you document the process for those of us who might follow in your footsteps please?

I decided to take it to a local car audio shop to have them do the install... I'm sure it's doable if you have the time and tools, however there are lots of trim pieces which must be carefully removed so that the clips/trim arent damaged...so for $80, i'm gonna leave this job to the professionals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645