Ac compressor oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
image.jpg Anyone know how much Ac compressor oil goes directly into my compressor ? I need help asap :( it's from a 03 suburban with rear a/c

OP
OP
Luis Ramirez

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look for the procedure online . Need to drain and measure oil in old one. Then look at balance chart!
My old compressor somehow didn't have any oil while draining out it was bone dry ☹️.But while researching and doing some statistics , I not sure if about 3.6 oz of oil will go into each component being the compressor , accumulator/dryer , and the rest of the system while refilling the refrigerant since it takes about 11oz divided into 3 sections Of oil in a TOTAL system . Not sure if I am right though.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bet it wont take but 2/3 ounces before spilling out.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My chart shows 2 oz PAG-46 if changing the compressor only. I'd suggest a new drier and orifice tube while you are doing the job.

OP
OP
Luis Ramirez

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bet it wont take but 2/3 ounces before spilling out.
Yes & it didn't until I googled a couple of vids on how to add compressor oil to a compressor and it stated to add the oil thru one of the holes into the freon lines hook up through without spinning the clutch

OP
OP
Luis Ramirez

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My chart shows 2 oz PAG-46 if changing the compressor only. I'd suggest a new drier and orifice tube while you are doing the job.
Yes I will be swapping out the compressor , dryer , and orifice tube as well , but I am still unsure if my compressor supports rear a/c functionality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15