Ac issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T184

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took my 07 Tahoe 5.3Lt to get it checked out for an ac issue. It blows air, just isn’t getting cold and when I turn the heat on, it seems to be blocked. Had a vacuum & recharge. Mechanic checked the compressor. It’s fine.Turns out the 10a fuse to the compressor isn’t getting power to kick on. I replaced the low pressure switch. Still nothing. Now my accumulator pipe is making a hissing noise. I’m no mechanic. Just want to know if I’m missing something small. I have a new compressor, condenser and accumulator ready to be installed. But the mechanic says it isn’t any of those. Might be a wiring issue. Any help on this?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Time to leave that shop, just in time. There’s actuators accessible behind the dash that go out and cause one or both sides to misdirect the hot and cold air. They need a 2 way scanning tool to see what’s going on.

Either don’t say a word about any work being done to it, drop it off at a dealer for the bare minimum they charge for an estimate, get the diagnosis, codes and parts list …. Then run!

Seriously though, you need a pro diagnostic. Find a shop who has a Tech2 or 2 way scanner whether, initially, it’s a dealer or a good Indi shop who won’t improperly diagnose it and replace your entire system.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @petethepug said. The "it seems to be blocked" is the key phrase. It sure sounds like a flow problem and not what the tech you are using is scratching his/her head about.

OP
OP
T

T184

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys. But it’s not a flow issue. My dumbass turned it to the heat and as you go up in heat temp, it automatically throws it to feet. I missed that earlier‍. Everything blows fine. Just not cold.all fuses work except the 10a fuse when I hit it with the test light(nothing)but not blown. Not receiving power to kick on the compressor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo