Oil Around Turbo/Compressor Outlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiGrayMSM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum and just recently purchased a CPO 2022 Yukon XL with the 3.0L Duramax. After reading through the forums prior to purchase, I was aware of the potential for these LM2s to consume oil. When I was checking the oil after approximately 2000 miles (no movement on the dipstick), I noticed that there was oil buildup on the compressor outlet. See the attached photos. Is this something common to these motors? I did a quick search of the forum but did not see anything similar. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Oil On Turbo.jpeg
    Oil On Turbo.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Close Up.jpeg
    Close Up.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 5

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen this on higher mileage 3.0s. There’s a single o-ring in that resonator pipe and if it’s not making a good seal the PVC oil vapors will squeeze by, especially at high boost (26psi).

I can’t find the OEM part number for the o-ring, but just to give you an idea of what it looks like and how it’s installed you can see it in this resonator delete upgrade.

OP
OP
T

TiGrayMSM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve seen this on higher mileage 3.0s. There’s a single o-ring in that resonator pipe and if it’s not making a good seal the PVC oil vapors will squeeze by, especially at high boost (26psi).

I can’t find the OEM part number for the o-ring, but just to give you an idea of what it looks like and how it’s installed you can see it in this resonator delete upgrade.

Perfect! Thanks for sharing that link, looks like a simple fix. Good to know in case the dealership pushes back on repair via warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommyNomad