About to pull the trigger on a lift/level kit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
Got the tires and wheels installed today and put the rear fender flares back on. I think they came out ok, considering it's my first time to work with plastic and only my second time to paint anything.

I'm definitely going to have to crank the keys soon. I'm rubbing over very small bumps and at full lock on the lower fenderwells. That's the reason the front flares aren't installed, since I didn't want to f up the new paint.

Here ya go, lemme know what you guys think.

Side Profile:
uUJnK.jpg

A pic of the flare and wheel:
fGynx.jpg

An angle from the front:
Psq1Z.jpg

You put those cragar rims with 285/70/17 tires and didn't have to crank the T-bars?? Im looking into getting the 15" cragars and put some 31's. I should fit them in like you did right??

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Devious_Tahoe96:

Those should work fine without touching the keys. That's what...a 265 or something? These tires are like 32.7" , so they're almost 33's. I think they would have fit better with the stock backspacing, but since I went with 4.5" backspacing on an 8" rim, they stick out past the fender flares by a couple inches in front and were rubbing really bad if I went over any bumps without cranking.

I did end up cranking the keys up in the front for a 2" lift and it solved all the rubbing issues. It does ride a tad rough, but nothing that's going to jar your fillings lose. It made the truck handle better in my opinion instead of it leaning way over in every turn. When I get new shocks, it will probably help the ride as well because I have no idea how old these are.

I have no regrets going to the 285's now. My truck sits way higher now that it's cranked, and I'm even getting some short blocks to bring up the rear.

btw...you should sell me your brush guard ;)

greep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the truck looks good man. I bought the rough country 2.5 lift W/ 285/70/17 tires and I dig it. no rub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881