'09 LTZ Questions about a lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VanillaGoorilla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see the year model section I was in... Tried to delete but didn't see the option...

So I picked up an '09 LTZ, Looking to go with level or maybe a mild lift (nothing over 4"). I can keep or delete the Autoride, it doesn't really matter to me.
I know there are other threads, a lot more than i skimmed through, but I wanted to see if anything newer had been done or figured out . So, I apologize for reopening this subject, but I gotta know. Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved you here and updated the thread title. You should be able to also update the thread title if you wish.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see the year model section I was in... Tried to delete but didn't see the option...

So I picked up an '09 LTZ, Looking to go with level or maybe a mild lift (nothing over 4"). I can keep or delete the Autoride, it doesn't really matter to me.
I know there are other threads, a lot more than i skimmed through, but I wanted to see if anything newer had been done or figured out . So, I apologize for reopening this subject, but I gotta know. Thanks for any and all help.
I’d go for some coil overs of your choice and uniball upper control arms that’ll get you around 3” or so and make a considerable difference over the stock stuff
as long as your angles aren’t bad you could always throw a 1” leveling kit under it coil over to get you to that 4”
Down the road if your not happy with your angles you could get a bracket drop lift like cognitos and still use the coil overs with the lift

Or if you got the money just got with something like this

OP
OP
VanillaGoorilla

VanillaGoorilla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’d go for some coil overs of your choice and uniball upper control arms that’ll get you around 3” or so and make a considerable difference over the stock stuff
as long as your angles aren’t bad you could always throw a 1” leveling kit under it coil over to get you to that 4”
Down the road if your not happy with your angles you could get a bracket drop lift like cognitos and still use the coil overs with the lift

Or if you got the money just got with something like this
If I had the cash laying around, maybe... but I still have a wife that would make spending that hard to do...LoL
I was honestly looking at the Rough Country 3.5' and trying to figure out what would be necessary to add to that.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
If I had the cash laying around, maybe... but I still have a wife that would make spending that hard to do...LoL
I was honestly looking at the Rough Country 3.5' and trying to figure out what would be necessary to add to that.
It’s an overpriced leveling kit I’d opt for an upper 2” and lower 1” leveling kit from eBay or Amazon (supreme suspension, etc) for about 80-120$ then spend the extra cash on some decent upper control arms of your choice and a differential drop (40$ eBay) if you have 4x4
You should be under 500-600$ depending on what brand control arm you decide to run. I personally did not like the rc control arms but others do… I got my fabtech uniballs when they went on sale on amazon And they were night and day handling over the rough country and stock control arms.
I pieced my stuff together because I diddnt have the money to do it all at once either. Check on marketplace or Craigslist you can find good deals on lift kits or coil overs all the time used

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you lift it like 3 inches there is a lot more involved to keep things working properly.

At the minimum I would start with a good set of shocks and then decide how much you want to lift and then go from there. Bilstein 5100s are a very good shock for the price.

bobsburban

Reaction score
Coming late to the party but I'll second the Bilstein 5100s. Put them on my 2011 along with the Moog 81069s in the rear with Air Lift bags for towing. That said - this caught my eye the other day:

and

Callaway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coming late to the party but I'll second the Bilstein 5100s. Put them on my 2011 along with the Moog 81069s in the rear with Air Lift bags for towing. That said - this caught my eye the other day:

and
I’ve been having trouble with my Tahoe sagging like crazy whenever I hook my small dump trailer up to it. Makes it look squatted. I’m running 5100’s and the 81069s in the rear. Will bags fix that issue? Do they make stiffer springs than the z71 springs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts