About to pull the trigger on a lift/level kit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great looking Yukon man! I've had a slight change of plans due to finances and I'm going to have to just get the 265 Terra Grapplers right now, so I'll post a link to the new pics in the correct part of the forums since it doesn't have a lift right now. I'm ordering the tires tomorrow and hope to have them on the truck by this weekend.

I'm headed to Galveston/Crystal Beach this weekend, so maybe I'll take some pics of mine out in the sand too.

(Before you guys all start ripping on me, I'm paying for a ring and a wedding in Hawaii right now, so please gimme a little break.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went to order the tires and it was going to take too long to get the 265's, so I hope you guys didn't lead me wrong. I ordered the 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers...they'll be here in 2 days. I've got the flares sitting in primer right now, I'll sand 'em down and get color on them tonight or tomorrow and finished pics with rims/tires up Friday evening hopefully.

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tires and wheels installed today and put the rear fender flares back on. I think they came out ok, considering it's my first time to work with plastic and only my second time to paint anything.

I'm definitely going to have to crank the keys soon. I'm rubbing over very small bumps and at full lock on the lower fenderwells. That's the reason the front flares aren't installed, since I didn't want to f up the new paint.

Here ya go, lemme know what you guys think.

Side Profile:
uUJnK.jpg

A pic of the flare and wheel:
fGynx.jpg

An angle from the front:
Psq1Z.jpg

Last edited:

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything turned out pretty good man. Flares look really nice! Wheels look awesome. Good stuff.

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I love the way the tires ride and it seems like I'm so much higher on the road even though it's only a couple inches. The guy at the tire shop said those E rated tires would beat me up, but they seem just the same as the bald ones that were on it. I smile every time I walk to the truck now.

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I cranked the keys to lift the truck a full 2" in the front and at least it's not rubbing when I pull into my driveway anymore. I noticed the ride is somewhat stiffer, but that's actually what I prefer rather than a suspension of marshmallows. I think when I get new shocks it should help out some too. My angles really don't look too bad with the crank. I went ahead and threw the front flares on too, so I'll have some more pics to post when I head out into the country tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28