A glimpse at what the next Tahoe may look like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2019 Silverado has been officially reveled in a new Trail Boss trim. I wonder if this will help provide a look at what the next generation Tahoe will look like. While this version of the Silverado is clearly targeted to take on something like the RAM Rebel and comes standard with a 2" lift kit, I wonder if some of the body panels and headlight design will be used towards the 2020/2021 Tahoes? I'm sure we'll get some better looks at it in all the various trim levels and packages next month at the Detroit Auto Show.

Nice to see them starting off a re-design right away with blacked out pieces. I would hope they do the same with the Tahoe.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/12/17/chevy-teases-2019-silverado-100-year-celebration/#slide-7188964

2019-chevrolet-silverado-reveal-09-1.jpg 2019-chevrolet-silverado-trailboss-1-1.jpg 2019-chevrolet-silverado-trailboss-2-1.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just threw up a little in my mouth.:signs16:
Honestly, looks a million times better than the current model Tahoe and Suburban :shrug: Besides, the truck and full size suv haven't resembled each other on the exterior for years so I doubt there are any cues from the '19 Silverado of what the next suv will look like.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt there will be any takeaways from the truck platform. I look forward to the new model Tahoe/Burb.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt there will be any takeaways from the truck platform. I look forward to the new model Tahoe/Burb.
Honestly, looks a million times better than the current model Tahoe and Suburban :shrug: Besides, the truck and full size suv haven't resembled each other on the exterior for years so I doubt there are any cues from the '19 Silverado of what the next suv will look like.

I think it will give some hints towards the direction they would head with regards to headlights, tail lights, and body panels in general. Sure, won't be any carbon copy materials but we can see they are going for a lot more angles here compared the fairly flat door panels, etc.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it!
I feel it is more muscular looking. More along the lines of the Tundra.
Which is the best looking off road/lifted truck imo.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, The front fascia ruins it for me. Maybe because it is all blacked out on a red body. I think a little color match, a few more chrome accents around grill and it may look better.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is only one package/trim level being shown. I'm sure there will be more chrome and/or color matching on the various versions they come out with.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is only one package/trim level being shown. I'm sure there will be more chrome and/or color matching on the various versions they come out with.
I read that there are 8 different trim levels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz