99 tahoe problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The accumulator doesn't swears at all either

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you know your are missing the insulation around it right. I am still think the system is screwed by how it got evacuated and charged. try a shop to fix it and i think you will be much happier later. you did a good job it looks like but have missed a part or steps in the process. keep at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That means I have to admit defeat. Im a guy that sucks! I did take it to one today and they said they wouldn't touch it unless they could replace everything. I planned on doing a full replacement next summer but not till then

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
get a replacement blanket and follow the instructions i gave earlier. make sure you have oil in the system. it can disappear when blowing out lines or components. it has to be spread out thru the system or the compressor might suck up enough to hydro lock. i think we can work thru this.

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the blanket still. I just didn't 're install. I think I can beat this. THANK YOU FOR ALL RHE TIME YOU HAVE INVESTED!

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled those hose and it was clear. The rear valve was clear and the o-tube was clear. Ill pull vacuum for 2 hrs to be safe and fill with oil. Im going to go for 35-45 psi low side today

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
psi goals depends on outside temp and humidity

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

btw put the oil in the different components first then evacuate. and while the vacuum is in place put in the ******.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
pull vacuum on high and low sides at the same time. i really think you need to get the proper gauge set first in order to do it correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman