99 tahoe problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you smoked ******? I dont know what that is in ac terms!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
then that is a major problem. it sounds like in your words you just let outside atmosphere in the system before charging it. evacuate it again this time for at least 2 hrs. set up your plumbing so when it is done you put the ****** in under the vacuum without letting outside atmosphere in. add 2 pounds of reeefer and then test the system and fine tune from there.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

hope you put oil in the system too.

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Page oil and ill try the stuff you said. How much oil should be added?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yours carries 330ml total but it supposed to be added in certain amounts on certain components. btw since you have rear air start with 2.75lbs of freon instead.

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think since the lines need to be washed and all I better just take it and have it done. I found my block. Its right where im pointing. After the junction block there is no freon or little freon passing.
uhe9aju2.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
return lines that are under low pressure so they don't move that fast. and don't use ****** with stop leak on it. clogs the hell out of the orifices. again please update your sig. it only reflect the 2001 tahoe you have and the picture that was there has been moved or deleted.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

btw those return lines inner diameter huge compared to the orifices. you would need a large chewing gum slug to block those.

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about that also. Its weird that its warm from that spot on tho! Ill delete my Sig. Tapatalk doesnt show sigs.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it will be warm slightly because it is carrying the heat away from the evaps. you want to fell cold grab the two line downstream of the orifice. that will be the cold spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n