99 tahoe problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First what ive done.
New compressor
New accumulater
New orifice tube
New expansion valve
Blew out all the lines
Had it filled to around 50 psi at 1800
Checked the blend doors

With front and rear ac on full blast the compressor and the lines are sweating. The line from the accumulator to the firewall is cool but not cold.

I thought blend door but the rear or front would work if one is bad.

Im at a stand still!

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the accumulator to evap line will not be really cold as it is absorbing heat from the front ofthe cab. is that the only thing wrong?

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No my front and rear air is warm. I am just looking for possible causes or things to check out

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if warm and there is a small to moderate difference in the high/lo lines about a foot from the compressor. i would say it was undercharged but not enough to keep compressor from shutting off, something went wrong with orifice install or compressor internal one-way valves are stuck open. for starters.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

get me high/lo pressure reading with engine at 2000 rpm as well as outside temp/humidity readings please.

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have are the low side 55psi, its 98 outside

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compressor is running and no im using my dads ac gauges. But he does houses not cars so no high side at home

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
never ever use just one gauge to work on home a/c. you should always have hi/low. it is essential in diagnosing compressor and orifice issues. the same applies to your situation. if you had a hi gauge reading to pass to me i can probably pinpoint your issue immediately. How many ounces of ****** did you put in and was the system under a complete vacuum when the ****** was put into it?

OP
OP
N

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant I didnt have the high side connection at the house. He will be bringing the high side gauge home to get a reading tommorow. I didn't put any ****** in it just freon lol. We vacuum ed the lines for around 30 min.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali