89Suburban/PAW PAW's 07 Tahoe Redneck Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radiator, hoses, antifreeze, trans cooler while we are in there? Gonna have to take a while to save up dollars.

Fixed the water filled lights issues with some drilled drain holes in the bottoms. Took a week to dry out but it passed the car wash test just fine the other night. Nothing got back in. I already siliconed the aftermarket headlight housings. Some loose bulb sockets let some water in somehow. All good now though.

View attachment 268795 View attachment 268796
The Retrofit Source sells Gore-Tex patches that you can put over the holes that will only let water out but not back in. I use them on my retrofits.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent the afternoon rotating the tires, breaking the outer beads down with my harbor freight tire changer to install the new TPMS sensors. Busted my ass. Found a broken screw in one of the tire lugs pierced sideways. Luckily it came out without a leak.

Took @Rocket Man ‘s advice and “spun the tarrs “ down the turnpike 75 MPH. Did the reset realearn. So far so good.

TPMS light is finally off and readings look good.

View attachment 274702 View attachment 274703 View attachment 274704
I didn’t say you had to do 75...:) but hey.
On another note, you sure can’t tell from looking at that truck that it has 330,000 miles on it. Nice work taking care of her and wiping bird shit off her ass. No, I’m not talking about your wife but if need be...;)

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say you had to do 75...:) but hey.
On another note, you sure can’t tell from looking at that truck that it has 330,000 miles on it. Nice work taking care of her and wiping bird shit off her ass. No, I’m not talking about your wife but if need be...;)

Thanks for the good words. And I have an ex-wife and she wipes her own sorry ass now. ;)

Just order a full set of these to replace all my worn out ones. They just snap into place in the center caps. Huge difference, nice little upgrade mod on the cheap to replace the faded and stripped ones. They thread onto the lugs nice and tight and actually make a ratcheting click noise in the cap when they get snug. I'll get comparison pics when I get a chance, I only replaced a few real bad ones so far that I bought locally, but once I did I had to order the rest to get them all done.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p... &utm_content=ITEM

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a gem. If I was guessing the mileage, I would be off by a couple hundred thousand, talk about highway miles!

On the clear coat scratches and swirls, 3M makes a wonderful product line for buffing that stuff out. Those compounds and an inexpensive Porter-Cable random orbital buffer and the right sponges and you can have it looking like a new paint job in no time.

There might be newer higher tech products available nowadays, but here is what I have always used to take the light scratches that are inevitable, out.

3Mabrasives.JPG

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am HELL BENT to get these new springs installed this weekend after working my balls off 6 1/2 days straight and trying to dodge storm fronts, flooding, high winds, b/s family drama at home and abroad. Hopefully Saturday after my power nap after work and trying to beat this b/s arctic shit show weather coming up.

Original springs in the background, new 3" drop springs in foreground to replace the 2" drop springs I am currently running on the rear axle. I have them oriented in the picture to try and switch the "Chevy lean" from left to right. Pondering leaving the rubber spring isolators out for another 1/2" of drop. Trying to find the sweet spot of drop without the "free travel mod". They say it is 3"-4" MAX. This drop tinkering is such an addiction. Also hoping this will help with my front castor adjustments as well. Baby steps.

DROP DAT ASS, right @iamdub ?

IMG_6309.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmoade