$65 Phone Mirroring to Dash and Rear Screens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nemloc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can you direct different sources to the different screens? (3 screens in an XL) with the unlock or without?

teking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey when you had the console apart you didn't happen to see an unused plug for the phone charger they introduced in Oct 2014? I lot of times options are prewired into harnesses even if not used.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mine apart earlier in this thread, but mine is an original 2015, built in like April of '14. Sorry I couldn't help.

jason952

Reaction score
So with my 2015i Denali, can I use the apple lightning-->hdmi converter and the hdmi to rca converter...will that get iPad/iPhone content to the rear screens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB&J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes - that should work - you may have to cycle through the video icon on the touch screen a few times until it picks up the signal through the rca jack. You will also need to power the hdmi converter through one of the USB ports - and you will want to power the the iPad as well.

jason952

Reaction score
It all worked great! I used some split loom to make it look clean. Had to flip the side switch on the adapter then it all worked. Kids will flip! Also bought some low profile rca's to help it clear better
852797c7fa764a1cfba2717c9a203d13.jpg

I have about 100 in it with the Lightning adapter for iPad. Thanks to OP!
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Hey gang, just wanted to note that my set up no longer seems to be mirroring on iPhone 6 running IOS 9.0.2. All I get is a blue screen (using the same lightning to HDMI adapter to RCA converter approach). Anyone else having this problem?

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Hey gang, just wanted to note that my set up no longer seems to be mirroring on iPhone 6 running IOS 9.0.2. All I get is a blue screen (using the same lightning to HDMI adapter to RCA converter approach). Anyone else having this problem?

Update: I think it's my Lightning to HDMI adapter. Even though it's an Apple product, lately it's been launching an alert that says "this accessory may not be supported by this device," which is crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts