$65 Phone Mirroring to Dash and Rear Screens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what it takes for an Android:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FO7PQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESM3Q7K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IB0HRGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both the top things come with USB cables that must be powered. At first, I didnt think it was going to work. I had the 2 USB cables plugged into the USB ports on the truck. I tried everything and nothing. I got 2 110v USB adapters and tried again and it works like a charm. The bottom item is a high power 4 port (2 are high enough power to work) USB adapter.

Internet, Play store and movies works, Youtube, Directv Everywhere, etc. Looks like pretty much anything works. Sound as well. Front and back screen. And thanks to my HMI unlock - both screens play in motion!

Last edited:

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow pretty amazing bro, my hats off to you. If I had my truck I would've already dropped $700.

Hows the picture quality? Anything special with installing and putting all this together?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow pretty amazing bro, my hats off to you. If I had my truck I would've already dropped $700.

Hows the picture quality? Anything special with installing and putting all this together?

Thanks! Yeah I'm actually looking forward to road trips now. PQ is fine. Your maxed out at 480 so most anything looks good on that small of a screen.

Looks like all newer Samsung phones will work with exactly what I posted.

The only thing special is you need to:
- Turn off the bluetooth on your phone when you use the mirroring or otherwise the audio won't work.
- On your phone, Go to Settings, Sound, HDMI, Audio Output and change that to Surround.

Completely plug and play at that point. Just go to your Video icon on your truck screen, and keep going through the rear inputs. It will cycle through the DVD in the dash, USB port, SD card slot then finally the video input.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the finished product. The entire harness just lays in the "pocket" in the rear of the center console and then you can stretch the cord that plugs into your phone anywhere you want. I cleaned up the wiring with heat shrink and fabric tape (no electrical tape = no sticky glue)

Attachments

• 20140711_071739.jpg
    20140711_071739.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 609

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the finished product. The entire harness just lays in the "pocket" in the rear of the center console and then you can stretch the cord that plugs into your phone anywhere you want. I cleaned up the wiring with heat shrink and fabric tape (no electrical tape = no sticky glue)

Very nice I just put in my order. Thanks for the tip on heat shrink and fabric tape. I just bought a kit for that as well. I would have used all electrical tape :)

You think a male to female extension would be helpful to the phone? Or is this setup long enough? I wouldn't mind a single cable dangling between the driver seat and center console and leave everything else hidden..

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice I just put in my order. Thanks for the tip on heat shrink and fabric tape. I just bought a kit for that as well. I would have used all electrical tape :)

You think a male to female extension would be helpful to the phone? Or is this setup long enough? I wouldn't mind a single cable dangling between the driver seat and center console and leave everything else hidden..

I already thought about that. They will not work. They are only for charging and don't have enough pins to carry the data.

It is plenty long though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924